Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We have proud history of great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and real-time motion.
Fantastic animation will play a huge part in our future success, with upcoming games such as our Formula One project or our new Warhammer IP. Your passion for animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
- Taking direction from the lead animator and art director to create animation that is consistent with the game's visual design.
- Taking an animation all the way from creation to the game engine, using our in-house tools.
- Carrying out supporting animation tasks to ensure a clean representation of our team’s animations in the game engine.
- A confident and creative approach to your animation, able to make interesting acting choices and execute them effectively.
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our game.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- A willingness to confidently take on feedback from your peers in order to develop yourself as an animator.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- An animation showreel that demonstrates a strong understanding of animation principals and character acting.
- Professional experience using a 3d animation package (Maya, 3ds max, Blender, XSI etc.).
- A showreel that demonstrates a combination of strong quadruped and creature work as well as strong biped work.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya.
- Knowledge of game pipelines.
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 600+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Want more Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.