OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
FoxNext Games, a world-class mobile game development studio, is in search of an Animator/Rigger to join our development team on MARVEL STRIKE FORCE. We need a strong creative contributor with an exceptional understanding of the rigging and skinning processes, as well as the ability to create key framed character and creature animations. Your passion for games and the Marvel Universe helps you bring to life your favorite heroes and villains, and contribute to one of the most visually ambitious mobile experiences ever.
FoxNext Games Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values... but most of all we care about our community of players. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you’re thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At FoxNext LA, located just three miles from the Pacific in Playa Vista CA, you’ll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires & Allies, and Diablo.
Day to Day:
- Maintain and support the character animation pipeline by rigging, skinning and integrating characters and props.
- Troubleshoot and fix technical issues in Maya related to animation.
- Create hand keyed 3D animations of creature and humanoid characters that reflect the personalities of Marvel characters.
- Collaborate with design team and animation lead to conceptualize exciting combat actions.
- Consistently strive to exceed the highest quality standards of the studio.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience rigging, skinning, and animating in Maya for game systems like Unity or Unreal.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong rigging, skinning, and animation skills.
- Thorough understanding of animation principles and the ability to create dynamic key framed animation.
- Knowledge and experience with MEL or Python.
- Excellent understanding of skin weighting and deformation.
- Art or Animation related college or university degree: BA or BFA.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Experience with mobile development, live F2P games in particular.
- Experience with fighting/combat system development.
- Credit on multiple shipped titles.
- Familiar with the Marvel universe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 12 July 2019
- 21st Century Fox
Closing 16 July 2019
- Discovery Communications
- New York
Want more Animator/Rigging Artist jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, CG Rigger jobs, Character Animator jobs, Rigger jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.