Animator - ILM TV
Position at Industrial Light & Magic.
Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general Supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Expected to ‘mentor’ entry level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in traditional animation or computer animation/
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Proven experience working in Computer Animation, Stop-Motion or CEL with experience working on feature films or episodic television.
- Demonstrable knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while displaying exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
- Significant experience delivering VFX Animation performances as a Mid-Level Animator.
Required Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Maya and other VFX related software programs. Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting a plus.
- Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
- Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and production processes.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Closing 24 January 2021
- Royal Leamington Spa
Closing 20 January 2021
- remote, temp to perm, part time
Want more Animator - ILM TV jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.