MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
The Animation Supervisor is a key, senior creative role within MPC Film. This role is responsible for ensuring consistency, quality and supervision across all animation projects. You will be a key part of the pitching process and will creatively inspire our clients, as well as our animators and broader CG team. Top level animation skills, leadership and creative problem solving are a must.
- Oversee and supervise animation across all projects, review animation at all stages, providing feedback to the animators, supervisors, and clients as necessary.
- Ensure the team is producing high-quality animation that fits within the style and pacing of each project and brief.
- Be a key creative part of pitches and animation tests, helping us to win and secure the most ambitious creative briefs out there.
- Be a senior creative voice within the company and department, advising on the best approach to deliver the best quality at all times.
- Nurture, develop, and manage our animation team, with the support of our other department heads.
- Work closely with our rigging team, providing feedback and suggestions with the aim of developing our setup, rigs, and tool functionality.
- Partner with the HoDs and talent team to source and recruit the best animation talent.
- Be hands-on, animating on projects at a senior/lead level, whilst simultaneously supervising other projects.
- Support the animation team with technical and creative problems.
- Work with the rigging team to develop our animation rigs and pipeline.
- Represent the company at industry-wide talks and forums.
- Significant experience working at a supervisory level, on high-end VFX and animation projects, across film and/or commercials/advertising.
- Be able to produce flawless, photo-real animation and animated performances, across creature, character, and VFX animation projects.
- Be able to inspire, supervise, and lead a team/department of animators to deliver world-class animation on time and on brief.
- Be comfortable and accurate when quoting animation for new projects.
- Be a confident communicator with clients and team members at all levels.
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, form, and all other animation principles.
- Good teamwork and excellent communication skills within the VFX team and with producers, directors, and clients.
- Be comfortable working and delivering under pressure and on-schedule.
- Have a deep understanding of the entire VFX pipeline.
- Expert-level Maya abilities.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment.
- Experience directing motion capture.
- Experience with in-scene camera work.
- Experience with game engines preferred (Unity & Unreal).
- Self-motivated problem solver.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Closing 17 March 2020
- Micro Focus
2020 Co-Op - Visual Designer
Closing 13 March 2020
- IBM Design
- San Jose
Want more Animation Supervisor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Director jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.