The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories.
MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.
What You’ll Do:
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The Animation Supervisor is responsible for the delivery of animation on a show on-time and to specification. In collaboration with the Head of Department, the Animation Supervisor develops a plan based on team size and seniority to efficiently deliver the required work, and factoring in both the production requirements and technical/pipeline solutions. The Animation Supervisor demonstrates mastery of the toolsets, techniques and workflows and leadership skills required to effectively lead the Animation team, both technically and artistically.
- Defines the creative and technical approach for the show.
- Supervises the creation of high quality, hyper-realistic and/or stylized animation for creatures, characters, and objects.
- Ensures that all work meet and push the global standards of quality of MPC.
- Works with Production to manage the day-to-day running of the team and evaluates Artists’ schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable.
- Drives dailies and rounds with Artists and Supes to give constructive feedback/approvals that addresses VFX Supe and Client notes whilst motivating the Artists.
- Maintains good communication across departments to ensure technical/pipeline tasks are completed.
- Ensures that new technologies are efficient and check thoroughly within the pipeline to certify suitability for the Animation team and any show requirements.
- Collaborates with the VFX and CG Supervisors to find creative and technical solutions.
The Animation Supervisor will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid-level talent within the Animation departments including helping with technical and creative problems and knowledge transfer. The Animation Supervisor is inspirational and leads the team to deliver world class work.
- Creates and maintains training and discipline documentation.
- Acquires knowledge of their team’s abilities to effectively manage task delegation ensuring continuity of performance of all objects, digital characters and/or creatures.
The Animation Supervisor is an ambassador of MPC Episodic and represents the company at industry-wide talks and forums, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies.
What You’ll Need:
Animation Supervisor essentials:
- Expert in Animation techniques and Animation.
- Strong working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline and experience in the supervision of Animation for.
- VFX projects from initial concept through to finals.
- Expert in Maya.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Clear and confident communicator.
- Problem solver.
- Organization skills.
- Very creative and design orientated with a strong aesthetic sensibility.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
- Knowledge of production management and scheduling tools e.g. Shotgun.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
- Previous experience in project management.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to us and we'll be happy to assist.
Technicolor Is An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Motion Designer, Apple Music
Closing 25 January 2023
Closing 31 January 2023
- perm, remote
Closing 28 January 2023
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Want more Animation Supervisor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.