Are you an animation whiz (possibly an aspiring lizard) looking for a permanent role within an innovative, collaborative, and rapidly expanding animation studio? Our lively lizard lounge is on the hunt for a mid-level Animator Generalist with experience in 2D and 3D to join our reptilian team in the new year, based in either our Eton or Dundee offices with the opportunity of hybrid working!
About The Job:
Working from a brief, you’ll provide creative input and artistic insight to produce best-in-class 2D/3D asset creation and animation, chock-a-block with the same ‘Salamandra Sparkle’ our clients know and love.
Aside from being an expert shot with a nerf gun, you’ll have excellent illustration and animation skills, and an impressive online portfolio of work to back this up.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and the opportunity to join a diverse, fast-paced, creative and dynamic team and make your mark on our growing business.
You Should Have:
- Preferably 3+ years experience in the animation industry, allowing you to take full ownership of projects from start to finish when required.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work closely with other team members, and make suggestions and decisions on new techniques and approaches to animation as benefit the project.
- Proactivity, creativity, and commitment.
- While we work in an agile environment where everyone proactively helps each other, we also expect you to be able to be independent enough to see through each project and task you’ll be assigned.
- Ability to take briefs from the team or directly from our lovely clients.
- Developing fully-fledged animations from simple briefs or concepts.
- Understanding the 12 principles of animation.
- Providing creative solutions to clearly illustrate complex ideas or concepts.
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative.
- Graphic asset creation in 2D/3D, including characters, backgrounds, text-based graphics, product illustrations, and Infographic elements.
- A keen eye for design and the physics of movement.
- Expertise in using Adobe After Effects and Maya or Blender to a high standard.
- Experience with image creation and editing in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Additional knowledge of typography, layout, or graphic design would be a plus.
- Working with audio and SFX, and compositing the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters and motion graphics) in order to produce the finished piece.
- Editing, reviewing, rendering and uploading video files.
- Working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements.
- Working as part of a broader production team, which might include collaborating with copywriters, photographers, designers, voice over artists, account executives, or website designers.
Working With Us:
- Competitive salary (Negotiable depending on experience).
- Regularly Scheduled Lizardy Team Activities (Our last activity was a very competitive scavenger hunt through the history-rich streets of Eton and Dundee.).
- Incredible studio culture and team spirit (Everyone’s always just a Skype call away!).
- The opportunity to work in a friendly environment where you’ll be able to grow and improve your skills.
- Quality banter, bottomless tea, coffee and biscuits (HobNobs are an office favourite!).
- A relaxed environment with toys around the office to undoubtedly trigger your creative side (That’s where the nerf gun comes in!).
- Close proximity to local train stations and pubs (Very important for team drinks!).
- A hybrid working schedule.
Lizards of all species and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We at salamandra might be ‘cold-blooded’ lizards, but we make up for it with our warm smiles and fiery company spirit!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Animator - PGA Tour
Closing 3 July 2022
- Electronic Arts
- perm, from remote
Closing 12 July 2022
£Based on experienced
Multimedia Designer, Digital Learning
Closing 29 June 2022
- Ernst & Young
Want more Animation Generalist jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.