Advanced Technical Animator
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007 and went on to develop the hit LEGO games franchise. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families.
Your New Role…
As an Advanced Technical Animator at TT Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., you will work in the character animation pipeline. You will work creatively and technically alongside Animators, Riggers, Designers, Artists, Programmers and Production on a day-to-day basis. You will report to the Technical Animation Leads and Director to develop animation systems, and pipelines.
At TT Games our core values are Quality, Collaboration, Creativity, Inclusivity and Fun, which are values that drive our daily work life.
We are keen to hear from any applicants with a positive attitude and an interest in animation systems, so please apply even if you are unsure if you completely fit the position on paper.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Create and maintain high quality, efficient character animation blueprints in Unreal Engine.
- Develop custom animation notifies, blueprint utilities and advanced animation systems in Unreal Engine.
- Liaise with the Programmers, Riggers, Animators, and other staff in animation setup, systems and trouble shooting.
- Undertake relevant on the job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Identify repetitive tasks, pipeline issues, and help create tools to increase productivity.
- Mentor other team members, proficiently communicating both technical and creative requirements.
- Profile performance and take steps to optimise animation systems.
- Develop the animation pipeline.
- Take some ownership of Technical Animation development projects assigned by your line-manager.
- Represent Technical Animation in several sub-teams and technical meetings assigned by your line-manager.
- Document your tools and systems.
Qualifications & Experience…
- A collaborative and enabling attitude.
- Good communication skills and enjoy working in a team, also able to work with independence.
- A degree, equivalent qualification or experience in industries with transferable skills.
- An eye for detail in animation implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Advanced knowledge of Autodesk Maya or alternative 3D software.
- Advanced knowledge of technical animation with specialist experience in an area (e.g. tool development, real time IK and retargeting, advanced layering in Animation Blueprints).
- Knowledge of programming or visual scripting.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Motion Graphic Designer
Closing 16 May 2023
- JD Sports
Video Editor - Midweight
Closing 24 May 2023
- JD Sports
Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 27 May 2023
- AO World PLC
Want more Advanced Technical Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.