4Studio, Video Editor Apprentice
THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME:
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain work experience and a qualification, then an apprenticeship at Channel 4 might be for you.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the apprenticeship.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Our apprenticeships are aimed at school leavers and people who do not have a degree. If you have a degree, please look at our Production Training Scheme or the Channel 4 Jobs website for other opportunities suitable for you.
The programme aims to offer opportunities to those currently underrepresented in the TV industry, so we are particularly keen to hear from Deaf and/or disabled people, ethnically diverse people and people from lower socio-economic groups.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
4Studio is the engine room for C4’s digital acceleration strategy, with the primary mission to create, adapt and distribute content across the key social media channels.
The primary activities of 4Studio will be to curate (existing) and create (new) short-form content and distribute it through actively managed social media channels. The Video Editor Apprentice will work very closely with key people and departments within C4 and on occasion with external stakeholders.
The role will be based in C4’s National HQ in Leeds and will be a key component of C4’s regional strategy, creating creative job opportunities outside London and expanding the diversity of the company’s creative contribution.
- Reporting to one of our Video Editors, the Video Editing Apprentice is a key member of the Editing team, supporting the team to produce content that successfully drive viewers to engage with Channel 4, and assisting across the department’s day to day tasks.
- Assisting Editors and Producers with social content creation
- Assisting Editors (and Producers) with content library administration, data ingest, logging, paper edits etc as required
- Developing skills in Adobe Creative suite – particularly Premiere Pro and other video applications
- Developing knowledge of post-production processes and workflows
- Reformatting content for social platforms including subtitling and / or copywriting
- Assisting with day-to-day administrative and ad hoc tasks as required
- Building and maintaining good relationships with internal departments and external partners
- Keeping up to date with social media content and trends
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to tell us how you meet the essential criteria listed below. When answering this question think about examples from your experience so far, this doesn’t need to be professional experience but could be academic, from volunteering or a part-time job.
We’ve provided some examples beside the first four criteria of experience that could demonstrate you have these skills. Please note you do not need to use these examples; they are just here for guidance, and you should draw from your own personal experiences.
- Verbal and written communication skills - Verbal - e.g. experience of dealing with customers or working as part of a team. Written – e.g. writing emails, completing an application form or essay, or if you have a hobby that involves creative writing.
- Attention to detail - e.g. Cashing up on tills or proofreading coursework.
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks - e.g. Planning events whether personal or for professional purposes, as well as managing work life balance, for example working whilst doing coursework/exams.
- An understanding of and a passion for Channel 4's remit
- A clear and demonstrated passion for TV and digital content
- A passion for social media with an understanding of different platforms
- Creative thinking and ability to come up with new and exciting ideas
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as part of the team
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Application questions to completeTo complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Referring to the essential criteria listed on the job description, (which are all skills and experiences we deem important to thrive as a C4 apprentice), please use examples to demonstrate how you meet these (feel free to draw on academic, personal and professional experiences). (500 words max)
- Can you share with us what representation and inclusion mean to you and why you think they’re important? (300 words max)
- Why do you feel you would really benefit from this apprenticeship? (300 words max)
- What one thing would you change about Channel 4’s social media content? (300 words max)
- Sum yourself up in a tweet (280 characters)
There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you:
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Animator - Film & Episodic
Closing 30 January 2023
Closing 18 March 2023
- Clerkenwell / Hybrid
£Dependant on experience.
Graduate Animator (541) [New IP]
Closing 28 March 2023
- Royal Leamington Spa
- perm, remote
Want more 4Studio, Video Editor Apprentice jobs?
Want to find more Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.