3D Retail Designer
We’re Big Group, an independent creative marketing agency who apply bigger thinking to everything we do. For over 25 years, we’ve been helping our clients connect with their markets and customers. Whether it’s an immersive event or an award-winning integrated campaign, we always find the Big solution. Now, we’re looking for a 3D Retail Designer to join our team and take design briefs from concept stage through to visualisation.
Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Benefits - Healthcare cash back scheme - Pension scheme - Death in Service - Cycle scheme - Fresh fruit deliveries - Great development opportunities, both within and outside your department - Computer scheme - make savings on IT equipment through a government-backed salary exchange scheme - 20 days’ holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays and a Christmas shutdown
We’re a close-knit team and hold plenty of social events throughout the year so we can catch-up and blow off some steam. These include our bi-monthly socials and the Big Group Christmas Party. We also have a strong focus on learning and development, and work with a range of organisations to develop life, technical and insight skills that are relevant to you, your role and the business. So, if you’re looking to develop, both personally and professionally, you’ve come to the right place.
Summary of Role:
To take design briefs from concept stage through to visualisation, providing drawing packs, innovative creation and production of designs to a high standard across a variety of design briefs
- Produce high-quality, 3D design solutions from sketch concepts through to finished visuals and technical drawings.
- Ensure all project documentation completed is accurate and suitable for manufacture (drawings, tolerances, materials, processes, finishes etc.)
- Manage several projects simultaneously, using project management skills to carryout tasks in an organised and timely manner.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, both internally within design and externally with other departments and suppliers.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Exceptional and original creative-process thinking, sketching, concept communication and design skills.
- A keen eye for quality and detail, plus having a good understanding of the retail environment and shopper experience is essential.
- Excellent 3d studio max skills and Solidworks.
- Must have good freehand skills.
- Ability to ensure designs are fit for purpose, within budget and meet the aesthetic requirements of the design intent and client expectations. This means also having a good commercial sensibility relating to the realities of production
- Minimum 3 years experience in a POS design and manufacturing company working as a 3D designer.
- A strong, creative based portfolio within the retail design sector, demonstrating originality and a broad range of skills on live, professional projects
- A sense of good/practical design aesthetics to be help solve technical problems of a design while contributing to the design intent.
- Ability to work both autonomously and alongside other designers, project managers and directors.
- Educated to degree level in product/industrial/engineering design. (BSc or BA).
Graphic Design Manager
Closing 12 December 2018
- Creative Mettle
- £38,000 to 40,000 p/a
Closing 3 January 2019
- Careers In Design Recruitment Ltd
- £28,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more 3D Retail Designer jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, 3D Interior Designer jobs, Retail Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.