What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Senior Modeller with a stunning portfolio that demonstrates expertise in hard surface modelling, but also strong organic forms. We expect you to have a passion for games as well as demonstrate a clear knowledge of current modelling and texturing practices. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent to establish Hangar 13’s newest location and work on exciting new AAA IP.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Art Director, designers & all involved disciplines to create production quality assets matching the art and style of the game.
- You will be creating and designing a wide range of assets for our new IP starting from 2D concept to final in-game pieces, and all stages in-between. The ability to quickly sketch in 3D and iterate in the design phases in order to give visibility to all involved parties will come in handy.
- You will also be working extensively with the technical art team on certain aspects of the project which will involve the iteration of assets & collaboration across multiple locations.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
You love playing video games, and are passionate about their potential as a narrative medium. You work well with others and appreciate that the creative process is a team effort. When inspiration hits you, you’re the type to grab a pad or jump on your PC to sketch out your ideas, and you’re adept at communicating even the more complex designs to others. Even though you’re an experienced modeller, you’re always looking at ways to push yourself and take your skills to the next level.
- 5+ years game experience in 3D modelling in Maya or 3DSMax.
- Experience working with Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer & PBR workflows.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title on current gen consoles.
- Strong UV unwrapping and mapping skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple locations and time zones in a clear and efficient manner.
- A team player with strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of modern game art pipelines and methodologies.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks & communicate clearly & constructively with production.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Closing 2 August 2020
- Hangar 13
Closing 29 July 2020
- Electronic Arts
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.