3D Character Animator - Experienced
About The Role:
Our character animators are fantastic storytellers. Their day-to-day focuses on punchy comedic timing, charming acting choices, and production deadlines, whilst meeting that all important brief from our Directors and Clients. How we animate is an essential part of what makes us Blue Zoo, so we’re looking for animators who can work productively, take direction and feedback, and join us in pushing the boundaries of what TV animation is capable of.
We're looking for artists that are available to start end of April/beginning of May.
Due to the current government guidelines on the continuing pandemic, all job opportunities we offer will remain remote for the foreseeable future.
Day to day:
- Working as part of a team of animators, and regularly communicating with your Team Lead and Animation Director
- Managing your time efficiently to meet the deadlines of your assigned shots.
- Making sure your work is communicating the story, ideas and acting choices clearly from blocking through to the final animation.
Responding positively to, and acting on notes and feedback from your Director and Animation Director.
- Experience on a relevant CG series Production.
- Body mechanics, posing and getting the best performance possible out of a character.
- A solid understanding of Maya or similar software.
- Time management and prioritising.
- Sharing your knowledge and skills with other team members
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in using TweenMachine or similar Tweening software
- Creative problem solving
- Highly motivated, organised and diligent
- Responsive to taking direction and feedback
- Team player and good collaborator
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and keep a cool head under pressure
- Python or Mel script knowledge
- Shotgun or FTrack knowledge
- Experience in performance, for example, acting or dancing
- Life drawing skills
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world. Blue Zoo believes that a healthy balance in our lives - whatever our situation - is key to supporting the wellbeing of our staff. We offer flexible working to support this.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers
- Online wellbeing programme
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years)
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies. =
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Want more 3D Character Animator - Experienced jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animation Director jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.