3D Character Animator - Entry Level
About The Role:
Our character animators are fantastic storytellers. Their day-to-day focuses on punchy comedic timing, charming acting choices, and production deadlines, whilst meeting that all important brief from our Directors and Clients.How we animate is an essential part of what makes us Blue Zoo, so we’re looking for animators who can work productively, take direction and feedback, and join us in pushing the boundaries of what TV animation is capable of.
Day to Day:
- Working as part of a team of animators, and regularly communicating with your Team Lead and Animation Director.
- Managing your time efficiently to meet the deadlines of your assigned shots.
- Making sure your work is communicating the story, ideas and acting choices clearly from blocking through to final animation.
- Responding positively to, and acting on notes and feedback from your Director and Animation Director.
- 1 years experience is preferable but not required.
- Knowledge of body mechanics, posing and getting the best performance possible out of a character.
- A solid understanding of Maya or similar software.
- Time management and prioritising skills.
- Experience in using TweenMachine or similar Tweening software.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication.
- Highly motivated, organised and diligent.
- Responsive to taking direction and feedback.
- Open, approachable and friendly.
- Team player and good collaborator.
- Someone who thrives in a studio environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and keep a cool head under pressure.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (Benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Free breakfast, fruit and hot drinks.
- Inclusive self-funded short-films programme.
- Many fun social events throughout year.
- Bi-monthly reactive feedback programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" drinks (and soft drinks) inside work hours!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including retail and gym discounts.
- On-site massages.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been in our studio for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Closing 24 November 2020
- Frontier Developments plc
Closing 30 December 2020
- Industrial Light & Magic
Want more 3D Character Animator - Entry Level jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.