We are looking for a 3D Artist to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
Mediatonic is looking for a 3D Artist to join our console team. This role will primarily focus on building environments.
As 3D Artist your primary role is to produce the art assets that help the Art Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision. You will ensure your pre-production drawings, block-outs/grey-boxing and in-game assets follow the art direction and are technically prepared for the transition into game. You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects. You will be required to create, and quality assure that in- game assets adhere to technical briefs. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/ issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- Please note that character work on this project will be very limited, or possibly non-existent.
- In some cases, you will follow existing detailed concept art, in other cases you will create environments or props from scratch that match the general art direction.
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that in-game assets and environments adhere to technical briefs.
- You will cooperate with concept artists, texture artists, technical artists, VFX artists, animators, and game designers to ensure new content is produced in the most efficient way.
- At least three years' games industry experience.
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills, demonstrable in your portfolio.
- Experience with modelling and texturing 3D environments.
- Experience with and appreciation for casual game aesthetic.
- Advanced knowledge of Unity.
- Excellent knowledge Photoshop and a 3D package, ideally Maya.
- Experience with source control and issue tracking (Jira or equivalent).
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and to communicate well.
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality.
- A passion for playing and making games!
What We're Looking For:
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private healthcare.
How to apply & really impress us:
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.