2D Storyboard Artist (Experienced)
About The Role:
Our Storyboard Artists above all have excellent narrative and drawing skills, and a clear understanding of staging, character and comedy. We are on the lookout for an experienced 2D Storyboard Artist who would be able to join us in the new year.
Day to Day:
- Working with the Director and Supervisor to create coherent and accomplished storyboards.
- Interpreting and applying comedic timing from the scripts successfully.
- Maintaining consistency and perspective when drawing characters throughout all boards, staying on model.
- Working alongside the project Directors to ensure fixes and feedback has been incorporated into the boards.
- Experience in working with Toonboom Storyboard Pro.
- Exceptional understanding of applying strong posing and character.
- Knowledge of layout and composition.
- A demonstrated and accomplished understanding of story and staging.
- Ability to communicate emotive character and witty comedy throughout boards.
- The ability to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Experience in working in children's television.
- Both self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Able to take direction and willing to address constructive feedback.
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively, as well as independently.
- Have an appreciation of accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (Benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Storyboard Artist (Experienced)
Closing 27 January 2021
- Blue Zoo Animation Studio
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £Competitive depending on experience
Closing 24 January 2021
- Royal Leamington Spa
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.