2D Animator / Motion Designer
We expect a good level of knowledge on animation and motion design, allowing you to lead and take full ownership of an animation project from start to finish when required.
You should possess strong communication skills and must be able to take ownership of your own projects and initiatives. You will also work closely with other team members and make decisions on new technologies ways of animating.
It goes without saying that proactivity, creativity and commitment, are some of the key traits we would expect. While we work in an agile environment where everyone proactively helps each other, we also expect you to be able to be independent enough regarding each project and tasks you will be assigned.
Bearing in mind that a company’s success is always down to its employees, and of course a start-up like ours is no different, we do expect you to be very dedicated, ensuring that not only do you work hard towards your personal improvement, but also towards the company’s success.
REQUIRED SKILLS (at degree or foundation degree):
- Taking briefs from the team or directly from clients
- Developing animation from briefs and concepts
- Understanding the 12 principles of animation
- Providing creative solutions to clearly illustrate complex learning or concepts
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative
- Graphic asset creation in 2D, including characters, backgrounds, text based graphics, product illustrations and Infographic elements
- Expertise in using Adobe After Effects and Media Encoder to a high standard
- Experience with image creation and editing in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop - Additional knowledge of typography, layout or graphic design would be a plus
- Developing the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements
- Building up accurate, detailed frame-by-frame visuals
- Working with audio and SFX to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters and motion graphics) in order to produce the finished piece
- Editing, reviewing, rendering and uploading video files
- Working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements
- Working as part of a broader production team, which might include collaborating with copywriters, photographers, designers, account executives or website designers
PREFERABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Proficiency on both Mac and PC
- Expertise in TV Paint, Adobe Animate or any equivalent hand drawn animation software
- 3D modelling and animation skills - experience with Blender
- Layout / Graphic Design - experience with Adobe Indesign
- Sound & Audio Design
Senior Designer - Argos
Closing 6 August 2018
- Milton Keynes
Digital and Print Campaigns Designer (Part time - 4 days per week) - Sightsavers
Closing 30 July 2018
- Haywards Heath
- perm, part time
- c£30,000 (pro rata - 4 days per week)
Want more 2D Animator / Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Typographer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Audio Designer jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Storyboard Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.