Boots is a well-loved British institution. But when it comes to Christmas gifting, it’s considered a last resort, rather than a first choice. Boots needed a campaign that shook up its customers’ perceptions of the brand, while solving one of Christmas’s biggest dilemmas. We needed to break through, in a crowded and expensive time, with an innovative shopping experience that was as powerful online as it was in store.
Using data from 15million loyalty card members to transform Boots’ approach from mass retailer to mass personalisation at scale, we created The Bootiques. Highly targeted, data-based, disruptive shoppable experiences, each introducing a surprising product category. By creating hundreds of targeted online shops, as well as disruptive and immersive physical shoppable experiences, we connected and personalised the shopping experience across the entire journey, and consumers discovered products they didn’t know were sold in Boots.
- 14,000 visitors in 3 weeks
- 73% discovered products they didn’t know were sold in Boots
- 60% above sales expectations
- 75% re-appraised what Boots is all about as a result of their visit
- 72% of visitors shared their photos on social media
- 15 pieces of press coverage generating 2,223,965 OTS
- 27 instagram stories from influencers attending the pop-ups, which reached 21,570.652 followers
- 878,000 impressions from Boots owned social channels
Ad Stars 2020 - Finalist
Caples Awards 2020 (International) - Shortlist
One Show - Merit