I have just returned from working 12 months (9 of which were a work placement and 3 months were full time employment) as a web developer in South Africa for an exciting, emerging, successful media company.
My experience to date makes me an excellent candidate for this role and I meet the key responsibilities you have listed:
- All my projects have involved me converting visual designs into semantic, valid and clean HTML and CSS. In addition to mark-up, I also am experienced in converting sites into CMS using Wordpress at an advanced level - please refer to my resume for links to the sites I have developed;
- I am highly aware and up-to-date with new and emerging front-end technologies such as JQuery and have worked on mobile and Facebook applications;
- I am proactively involved in strategy, planning and creative ideas for my own client projects and within the team environment, working alongside creatives and clients ensuring that the project meets client approval;
- I provide consistent, high quality work and performance;
- I am experienced in working on several different types of projects simultaneously for example, working music and event sites as well as fashion sites, all requiring different types of mark-up;
- I continuously test, debug and trouble shoot the projects as I go along ensuring good cross-browser compatibility.
I have proven to be a fast learner and competent in a wide range of web development software. A valued and trusted team member, I have worked as part of a team as well as being solely responsible for several national and international clients. My trusted and professional demeanour and ability to understand and explain my work gave me the valued position of training an intern over the past 3 months.
In addition to my day-to-day role, I have also been freelancing for the last year successfully winning several clients.