Lizi Hamer, Regional Creative Director APAC, Octagon.
Recognised as one of the top 15 Female Creative Directors in the world by CannesLions, I've had the fortune to regularly attend the festival and share my industry opinions. The CannesLions 'See It Be It' creative acceleration program has given me valuable tools and a strong network.
This year Campaign recognised me as a Women leading change across the Creative industry. And I became an published author contributing to best seller 'Creative Super Powers' a Creative Social Book.
Previously I had fun on @GruenHQ, an Australian TV show whose expert panel lifts the lid on advertising, with over a million viewership. I co-Founded SisuGirls to help build grit in young girls through sport and adventure - mainly skateboarding and true female stories.
Based in Singapore I've has been awarded the Top 20 Women to watch in Asia. When not being watched I run SheSays Singapore a creative group to support more women into the industry and she's been quoted to have the 'creative enthusiasm of a school bus on the way to the zoo'.
As a Creative Director, I love solving business problems with a creative brain. You've got to make it: simple, memorable and effective. This thinking has allowed me to paved the way for global product launches, disrupted the norm on a budget of pennies, changed laws and excite the social sphere.
- Commanding my own Terrace stage at CannesLion 2018, meeting Vic Mensa and Paloma Faith.
- Partnered with Liverpool Football Club, to reimagined the Football Kop in binaural atmosphere with a blind football fan.
- Scooped Innovation of the Year and Best Branded Content award at The Drum 2018.
- Selected as Top 15 Female Creative Directors Globally by CannesLion and invited to the See It Be It acceleration program.
- Pioneered Triple F event: Fabulous Female F+ckUps
- Built and developed a creative culture inside Octagon across 3 major markets, growing the business more than 200% in revenue.
- Speaking at Spikes Asia on the Masters of Creativity Stage about the Power of StoryHunting.
- Presented to The Global Head of Chocolate! Yep that's a real job title.
- Featuring on the expert panel of Gruen Australian TV Show and enjoyed hanging out with Wil Anderson and Todd Sampson.
- Picked up Gold in Entertainment Spikes by helping break male stereotypes.
- Campaign Online awarded me: Woman leading change across the Creative industry
- I'm the only person outside of Denmark to have designed and built a LEGO character, with ears.
- Lizi Co-Founded SisuGirls to help build grit in young girls through sport and adventure; mainly skateboarding and authentic stories.
- Realised childhood dream to design my own ice cream van, complete with bugle horn & DJ.
- Named as Top 20 Women to watch in Asia-Pacific, by Campaign Asia, 2015.
- Loved StoryHunting across multiple countries including Bulgaria, Bangladesh, Bolivia and all the other the other countries being with B.
- Always enjoy running SheSays Singapore, a community to support women in industry, created 5 years ago, with plenty of monthly success stories.
- Presented the Power of Chance at Creative Mornings, and by chance met my best mate.
- CannesLions Judge 2018, Spikes Entertainment Judge 2017 and Effie's Judge 2019.
- I've paved the way for global product launches, disrupted the norm on a budget of pennies and even changed the law.
- Scooping The Drum, Marketing can change the world, impact award. Chuffed.
- Running the New York Marathon, competing in the Hawaii 70.3 Ironman and completing too many brick sessions.