We're offering 12 design graduates the chance to benefit from a tiered programme of support designed to help them get their foot in the door. Prizes on offer include career coaching, funded exhibition space at Designersblock (during London Design Festival 2014), and up to £1,000 prize money.
IdeasTap Graduate Awards recognise the high standard of work being produced by UK-based graduates each year. Working with the industry, we've come up with a package of support to help graduates get a foot in the door.
Apply for the IdeasTap Graduate Award: Design for the chance to win career coaching, funded exhibition space at Designersblock (during London Design Festival 2014), and up to £1,000 prize money!
The award has four categories:
- Graphics and illustration
- Digital design
- Product and furniture
- Theatre design (set or costume)
Designers graduating in 2013 and 2014 are invited to submit their completed final major projects to be considered for the award.
12 finalists (three from each category) will each receive
- Two career mentoring sessions with a relevant industry mentor (Patricia van den Akker from The Design Trust, acclaimed theatre designer Joanna Scotcher or appropriate staff member from onezotzero)
- Free exhibition space on an IdeasTap stand at Designersblock during London Design Festival (September 2014).
Third prize for each category
- One winner from each category will receive £250 prize money.
Second prize overall
- One winner from each category will receive £500 prize money.
First prize overall
- One overall winner from each category will also receive £1,000 prize money.
- Open to UK residents only
- Open to graduates of all higher education courses (eg HND, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees) who graduated in 2013 or are due to graduate this year.
- The project must have been created after March 2013.
This competition closes on Thursday 31 July 2014 at 5pm. It is open to designers who graduated from a higher education course (e.g. HND, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees) in 2013, or are due to graduate this year (2014). Find out more and apply online at www.ideastap.com/designaward