I am co-founder of The Drum the brand which believes marketing can change the world and has a mission of bringing people together for the greater good. We achieve this by networking communities through a website, magazine and over 40 events. Over recent years The Drum has become the largest European website in its field, and recently opened new bases in Singapore, Shanghai and Portland to augment its existing offices in New York, London and our home town of Glasgow. Events I was particularly proud of include Do it Day; where we challenged brands, agencies, tech companies and media owners to join forces to make the world a better place over the course of a single day and the Cannes ed Festival edition of The Drum which became the very first magazine to be edited by AI, thanks to a collaboration with IBM and Watson.
In 2016 achievements included:
* Being names PPA Digital Brand of the Year and our Do it Day being recognised as the best industry event.
* Bringing The Drum to Broadway by launching our very first New York Awards scheme - the Digital Trading Awards USA - which took place in the heart of the Theater District.
* Setting of a series of deals which will see The Drum media partner The Grammys - the publication was included in all the artists bags for example at the 2017 event.
* Launching our Singapore office
* Being able to give away almost £1m worth of media space to help good causes as part of Do it Day. The project saw us taking over iconic signs in Piccadilly Circus and TImes Square, run a TV commercial and ads in the Evening Standard, FInancial TImes and Investors Chronicle for example all of which were created over the course of just one day.
* Finalising plans which will see The Drum magazine launch as a global publication; we will be investing in print at a time others are cutting back. The first global issue will be published in April with the theme 'globalisation for good.'