UX Research Lead - GoogleThis job listing has expired
User Experience (UX) Researchers work to answer the most challenging questions in design. In this role, you will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to develop new features. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about our findings. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical.
You will be working closely with the Online Partnerships Group to understand the needs and plans of our Publishing partners. You will also work with the Development Team in building the next generation of AdSense and Google Publish products.
In addition, you''ll work with stakeholders in Engineering and Product Management, as well as other members of your own team, to build a compelling research plan, both for individual projects and across a range of connected products. You'll also have experience in early stage research, working on onsite interviews and diary studies, working in the lab, and ensuring the usability of our products through iterative development.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage a team of UX researchers who collect and analyze user behavior through a variety of research methods.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Research Managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate for research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Master's degree with an emphasis on UX research methods (Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, etc), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in UX research experience.
- Experience working with UX/Product/Engineering teams.
- People management experience.
- PhD in a Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) related field.
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative methodologies, with the ability to build a multi-stream research agenda. Qualitative user research background.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness and leadership skills. Demonstrated record of having built effective teams.
- Effective relationship building, presentation, and persuasion skills, with the ability to communicate convincingly with senior stakeholders.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Midweight Graphic Designer for Excess Baggage Company
Closing 1 July 2017
- Excess Baggage Company
Interactive Creative Designer (Interaction Designer) for Vungle
Closing 20 July 2017
- Vungle London
- temp to perm
Want more UX Research Lead - Google jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Audience Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.