Technical Writer - Microsoft
Here’s the role: We need a rising-star technical writer to create Windows content for IT administrators—an amazing entry-level opportunity!
The challenge: Innovate. Create. Use your skills and laser-sharp focus to teach customers about Windows client and server technologies. We create everything from tutorials to long-form articles to videos – bring your ideas on all the ways we can help IT administrators use Windows and Windows Server.
The impact: You have a direct and positive influence on the worldwide IT community and the everyday lives of millions of people.
Your typical day:
- Attend shiproom to deliver status on current work.
- Meet with product manager to deep-dive on the new feature that’s going into public preview. Develop an outline of how best to doc it.
- Install the latest build on your VM so you can see UI changes in place.
- Respond to a customer question about a confusing step in one of your articles. Edit and publish an update to the article on docs.microsoft.com.
• Samples—show us your best stuff, the work that makes you proud—could include tutorials, graphics, videos, papers, blogs, forums, articles, technical content, documentation, or other customer-facing content.
• Passion for explaining things so others can learn from your experience. Are you the go-to person for new apps and programs?
• Passion for writing, language, and communication. You love figuring out the best way to communicate a message, and the idea of pairing words with images or video doesn’t scare you, so long as it tells the right story in the right way.
• Comfortable digging into technology – how it works, how it plays with other software. Familiarity with client and server concepts a plus.
• Commitment to building innovative and modern content that will inspire and motivate customers using Microsoft platforms and services.
• Excellent planning, writing, and communication skills
• The ability to thrive in ambiguity with creativity and innovation
Required basic qualifications:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Management, Technical Communications, English, or similar degree.
Blog Writer and SMM for VM Productions
Closing 13 September 2017
- VM Productions
- temp, part time, from own premises
- project: $6,000 to 7,000
Creative Lead (Writing) - Pinterest
Closing 2 September 2017
- San Francisco
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.