Still Life Photographer - AsosThis job listing has expired
The Still Life team are responsible for shooting imagery for all accessories and non-clothing on the ASOS.com website, including still life, unrecognisable model shots and creative lookdowns. With around 400 products passing through the stills studio every day the pace is fast and the imagery constantly evolving. Not having a physical store means the team work to represent each product as accurately as possible, ensuring what the customer receives is exactly what they’ve seen on site.
The Still Life Photographer will be responsible for shooting table top still life shots, 360 videos, unrecognisable model imagery, and model hand shots for all products passing through the department, from bags and footwear to gifting and beauty ensuring the imagery produced is of the highest standard. Alongside a large team of photographers, stylists and coordinators the Still Life Photographer will also support the work of the Still Life Manager and Still Life Photography Lead, working to deliver projects that support the wider department strategy.
What you'll be doing
- Shooting still life images for a minimum of 45 non-clothing and accessory products per day for the website.
- Shooting unrecognisable model images and creative hand shot across accessories, footwear and beauty products.
- All products to be shot in accordance with the shoot guide demonstrating excellent technical understanding, attention to detail and consistent quality (As approved at QC).
- To work within an agreed reshoot percentage (3%).
- Working collaboratively on still life shoots with a team of Photographers, Stylists and Studio Coordinators, demonstrating an excellent understanding of still life shoot guidelines and studio processes.
- Regularly reviewing new in product pages to ensure still life imagery going live is of the highest standard, identify and action reshoots where necessary.
- Contributing to and leading imagery reviews, demonstrating competitor awareness and being proactive in presenting opportunities for improvement.
- Successful delivery of projects set by Still Life Manager that support the department strategy.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with team members and other departments.
- To understand the end to end process for each type of product and be able to mentor/train new staff.
- Ensure all photographic equipment and studio space is maintained.
What Success Looks Like:
- Delivery of required performance levels and KPIs.
- Successful in producing high quality still life and unrecognisable model imagery consistent across ASOS.com and global websites, shot to a high level with excellent attention to detail.
- Efficient delivery of daily shoots.
- Driven in reviewing, refreshing and improving ASOS still life photography.
We'd love to meet someone with
- Proven experience photographing still life/beauty product of similar quantities is essential.
- Experience shooting unrecognisable model imagery
- Confident use of Capture One software.
- Experience working with various types of lighting, both continuous and flash.
- Confident in meeting daily targets and handling a high volume of product.
- Experience working within a fast paced studio environment to strict deadlines.
- Excellent photographic/technical understanding.
- Ability to art direct and also take direction, working well alone and in a team.
- A perfectionist with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of photographic studio practice.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- The ability to work in a fast paced studio environment, adaptable and responsive to rapid change.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Proactive, with a willingness to go the extra mile
- Forward thinker with good use of initiative.
Production at ASOS...
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. All of the product images that you see on ASOS are shot in-house in one of our 12 studios. Each studio shoots 60 products per day and has 4-6 minutes to shoot and catwalk each product, so it’s important that each day runs seamlessly. The team are made up of several departments ranging from Model Booking, Studio and Shoot Operations to Retouching, Copy Writing and Production itself, all of which work together to bring the product life on the site.
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…
We'd love to see some examples of your work so please upload some images or include a link to your website as part of your application
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Head of Fashion Photography - £45,000/£55,000 - London
Closing 20 July 2017
- Profiles Creative
- £45,000 to 55,000 p/a
Creative Designer - Award Winning Brand
Closing 12 July 2017
- Become Recruitment UK
- £23,000 to 25,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.