Social Media Strategist - Discovery CommunicationsThis job listing has expired
Position Title: Digital and Social Media Manager, CEEMEA
Division: Brand and Content team
Reports to: Marketing & Digital Director
This is an exciting opportunity to manage the digital marketing of Discovery’s world-leading channel portfolio across multiple territories in CEEMEA, including Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Middle East and Africa.
Working closely with the Marketing & Digital Director, Marketing Executive and regional teams across 9 offices, you will develop and implement digital and social media strategy to support our channel brands and build our content franchises.
Communicating with key internal and external stakeholders, you will optimise our digital presence, identifying and anticipating where and how to communicate with the target audience, while overseeing production of digital assets and their distribution to our affiliates and regional teams.
You may be required to travel overseas at short notice from time to time.Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee implementation of digital & social media strategy across CEEMEA in line with corporate and marketing goals
- Define the digital & social media placement strategy by identifying platforms we should focus on and defining a specific content and activation strategy for each platform
- Oversee content development designed for maximum enagement in support of our channel brands and key programme franchises
- Develop a detailed posting strategy and activation plan for each platform to drive engagement and connection with consumers
- Work with the Insights team to monitor results and consumer intelligence to optimise future activity
- Identify key influencers and guide influencer strategy across CEEMEA
- Keep up to date with trends and developments both internal and external to contribute and inspire with key learnings, best practice and new ideas
- Participate in development of the yearly content franchise plan
- Contribute to ongoing development and optimisation of the content franchise strategy
- Participate in planning the yearly budget, raise POs and track expenditure
- Work closely with the PR, Creative, Programming and Media Planning teams to maximize synergy and promotional opportunities
- Liaise regularly with the regional marketing teams to facilitate collaboration, synergy and relationship building
- Act as central point of contact and a source of inspiration for your peers in the 9 regional hubs
- Oversee communication and delivery of digital & social media strategy, assets and initiatives to the 9 regional hubs
- Coordinate collation of materials and information from the regional hubs
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to maximise our promotional impact
- Brief and manage internal and external creative agencies
- Contribute to and participate in internal and external presentations
- Focus all executions on cut-through/stand-out/innovative ideas that maximise ROI and benefits of scale across CEEMEA
- Work with all other Discovery Networks staff, agents, and relevant partners to foster a spirit of teamwork and co-operation
Creative, Consumer-oriented and results-driven, you will demonstrate a deep understanding of how to build and nurture engaged communities across multiple platforms as well as a passion for creating compelling content with maximum ROI.
You will be able to balance forward-thinking and a keen eye for the bigger picture with the ability to identify and react quickly to immediate opportunities.
You will have proven experience of successfully launching and building products, brands or franchises across multiple digital channels.
You will be a self-starter with the ability to make and action justifiable decisions across multiple concurrent projects.
- Educated to degree / professional qualification level or above
- Significant experience in a digital & social media role/environment
- Multiplatform strategic development, execution, measurement and optimization
- Deep understanding of the roles and behaviours attributed to the different digital and social platforms
- Building and engaging communities across the different platforms
- Working with appropriate influencers to maximise exposure and engagement
- CMS management
- SEO savvy
- Briefing and managing agencies or working within an agency environment
- Multimedia content creation and publishing for multiple digital/social media platforms
- Audience profiling, analysis and targeting
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication ability
- Delivering multiple initiatives under tight deadlines and budgets
- Stakeholder management
- Working to editorial brand guidelines
- Working to corporate and commercial objectives
- Understanding of rights restrictions and clearance necessities
- Strong copywriting ability
- Capable with Adobe Photoshop, Media Encoder and Premiere Pro
- Previous work in an international environment/with international initiatives
- Previous experience working within a matrixed environment
Share on your newsfeed
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Social Content Creator for Head
Closing 11 September 2017
Social Media Designer for Media Bounty
Closing 1 September 2017
- Media Bounty
- part time
- 30k pro-rata
Want more Social Media Strategist - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.