Social Media Manager - BBCThis job listing has expired
Join BBC Worldwide as our new Social Media Manager - Television Centre
BBC Good Food is Britain’s biggest food media brand and produces world-class, innovative, multimedia content. This is a new position, within our digital editorial team.
The Social Media Manager role will be responsible for developing, managing and delivering an effective social media strategy across a range of social and video platforms. This includes the creation/commission, optimisation, curation and scheduling of all social content.
Ultimately it is expected that the postholder will develop and implement social media programs that generate brand interest, site traffic, incite conversation and engagement, and grow advocacy and community.Role Responsibility
- PLANNING: Create and deliver onngoing social plans and specific targeted campaigns that deliver against business goals, working closely with other teams and brand platforms to ensure seamless integration.
- STRATEGY: Develop and manage an effective social media strategy that acquires and retains users in general and within targeted audience segments.
- CONTENT DELIVERY: Create, commission and schedule multimedia social content in line with platform best practice.
- KPIS: Ensure all plans are aligned to the wider brand and editorial strategy and will drive increased consumer engagement, website traffic, data acquisition and maximise revenues, while also increasing brand equity and online awareness.
- CONSUMER FOCUS: Understand the brand and the community and ensure all plans and activity meet internal needs and our fans’ expectations. Ability to advise wider digital team on community management best practice and inform wider digital debates around user rewards and recognition.
- LIAISON: Recruit and manage day-to-day contact with agencies involved in deployment of larger scale campaigns, where necessary.
- QUALITY & COMPLIANCE: Ensure all output is of appropriate quality and complies with all relevant BBC & BBCW guidelines and procedures. Monitor and moderate communities in line with BBCW policy and platform best practice.
- REPORTING: Production of detailed weekly and monthly performance reports and post-campaign reports where appropriate.
- COMPETITOR & MARKET AWARENESS: Show thought leadership in respect of current and developing trends in social media, making sure internal teams are aware of the latest industry trends and communicate how these trends can be utilised for the benefit of our brand
- BUDGETS: Manage editorial output within budget and help ensure costs are tightly controlled and work is prioritised around return on investment.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied and wide reaching role for a social media manager, who is forward thinking, creative, business minded and a strong relationship builder. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can single-handedly deliver against ambitious targets. Other attributes the role will require include:
- Experienced content management/strategy delivery within Youtube
- Ability to recognise digital trends and opportunities and use this to drive innovation
- Ability to excite others who may be less technically savvy
- Able to foresee potential revenue generating and commercial opportunities through digital and social media marketing
- Ability to build, foster, manage and curate wider digital communities, within burgeoning sections of bbcgoodfood.com
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple content streams
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience in a social media marketing role within an agency, publisher or brand environment is essential.
- A working knowledge of Photoshop and Final Cut Pro is essential
- A familiarity with social scheduling, testing and moderating tools eg Hootsuite, Echobox, Schedugram is essential
- A passion for, if not knowledge of, food is desirable.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Account Executive - Exciting Agency
Closing 25 July 2017
- Twist or Stick
- £20,000 to 25,000 p/a
Web Designer/Developer, eCommerce, London - £30K
Closing 24 July 2017
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £30,000 p/a
Want more Social Media Manager - BBC jobs?
Want to find more Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.