Snapchat Editor (22 months Comedy Central) - VIACOM
Comedy Central is one of the UK’s most popular pay TV channels, available on Sky, Virgin Media, TalkTalk, BT Vision, YouView, VUTV on Freeview and on UPC in the Republic of Ireland. It is also a leading creator of programming and content across all media platforms. Popular shows include Impractical Jokers, South Park and Friends. Comedy Central’s international sitcom I Live With Models is returning in 2017 for a second series meanwhile recent local commissions in the UK include Russell Howard & Mum: USA Road Trip, Drunk History and Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central. Sister channel Comedy Central Extra is also widely distributed on a variety of local pay TV platforms.
What you'll be doing:
Comedy Central is looking for a smart, funny, internet-obsessed digital producer to manage our Snapchat Discover channel. This person will eat, sleep and breathe social media and pop culture, have a strong understanding of the type of content users want to consume on the platform, and a desire to make people swipe, share and laugh out loud.
You will be responsible for Comedy Central’s presence on Snapchat, working closely with the digital team to create content for and curate the daily Discover edition. You’ll get stuck into a bit of everything - from planning to writing copy, video editing and reporting.
You should have strong editing and fact-checking skills, a keen eye for design and detail, and proven success in building and growing social audiences for digital brands. We’re looking for someone with a unique voice that fits the Comedy Central brand, coupled with a passion for creating, dissecting and consuming all kinds of content. Your understanding of the Snapchat audience and its appetite for content makes you the perfect fit for this role.
- Creative. Constantly able to find new and innovative ways to engage and tell stories to our Snapchat audience.
- A pop culture junkie. Your day begins online, scanning your phone and the internet to find out what you missed.
- A multi-tasker. Prepared to juggle multiple responsibilities, deadlines and personalities in a fast-paced environment focused on quality, adapting swiftly to a changing landscape.
- A team player. Able to communicate and collaborate with editors and writers across all platforms, video producers, designers, sales and marketing and business development.
- Super organised. A short-term and long-term planner who’s unlikely to panic when something inevitably goes wrong.
- Business aware. Comfortable coming up with creative solutions to tailor content to advertisers.
- A data geek. Happy to compile regular reports for the digital team, highlighting top performing posts and reminding the editorial team of best practices.
- Funny. And a fan of Comedy Central.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro (knowledge of Adobe After Effects is highly desirable).
- Experience in a digital environment and content management systems.
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube.
- Understanding of the needs of an editorial team.
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills.
- An affinity and familiarity with Comedy Central and its brand values.
- Ability to build great working relationships and take direction.
The role would suit someone with extensive experience in a fast-paced, creative environment. A background in social media and entertainment would be ideal.
International Digital Manager for The Body Shop
Closing 15 June 2017
- The Body Shop
Social Media Assistant (Copywriting) - NET-A-PORTER
Closing 2 June 2017
Want more Snapchat Editor (22 months Comedy Central) - VIACOM jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, SEO Account Manager jobs, SEO Specialist jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Researcher jobs, Audience Researcher jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.