Series Producer, First Year on Earth - BBC
First Year on Earth follows the emotional stories of 6 baby animals growing up in different parts of the world, revealing what they have to overcome on a daily basis to survive. We will unveil the latest science of key developmental stages, both physical and behavioural. The series will also give an insight into how each species is having to adapt in order to survive the 21st century in the face of factors such as climate change, human conflict and an ever decreasing wild world. The story will be told by 3 witness camera operators, each following 2 babies. There will also be a blue chip version for international distribution.
We are looking for a Series Producer to deliver this series.Role Responsibility
The main responsibilities for the SP will be to deliver a stand out series for BBC Two & PBS, based on compelling animal character driven storytelling, and using 3 onscreen camera operators; there will also be a blue chip people-free version for BBC Worldwide. Managing that ambition realistically within budget and schedule. Managing a team and supporting them to do the best job they can. Ensuring safe management of the production and compliance with all BBC and NHU editorial policy guidelines. Creating a well-oiled and productive relationship with BBC commissioning, PBS executives and BBC Worldwide.The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Series Producer, approx contract being from June 2017 to Jan 2019. Ideally, the successful candidate will have…
- Experience of managing and running successful production teams.
- Experience of working closely with BBC commissioning and co-production partners.
- The daring to think huge editorially and the pragmatism and cunning to achieve it.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, including managing tight schedules and budgets.
- Experience and ability to turn complex natural history stories into compelling television.
- Excellent storytelling skills and ability to write engaging scripts for factual television.
- Experience of using various camera technologies to bring stories to life.
- Experience of running multiple edits simultaneously and juggling commissioning demands.
- Proven creative visual flair.
- Ability to create a unique style.
- Experience of producing blue chip content for BBC TWO is an advantage.
First Year on Earth is a BBC Two/PBS/BBC Worldwide co-production. 3 x 60’. (Subject to greenlight funding)
Delivering in January 2019.
Full time Fixed term 20 month contract. (Subject to greenlight funding)
Approx. start date June 2017 to Jan 2019.About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Want more Series Producer, First Year on Earth - BBC jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Edit Producer jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Series Producer jobs, Studio Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.