Senior UX Designer (Browns Fashion) - FARFETCHThis job listing has expired
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for user interface design and user experience for Brownsfashion.com. A creative thinker, the UX Designer can envision how users experience our products and bring that vision to life! The vision will be intuitive, inspired and revolutionary. The UX Designer will understand and consider the users’ needs at every stage of design and development, maintaining UX at the heart of our product and championing this across the business.
Who We Are:
Browns is one of the world’s most iconic fashion retailers, famous for discovering designers from Alexander McQueen and John Galliano to Christopher Kane and Simone Rocha. Founded in 1970 and committed to providing the best edit of global design talent, this search for creativity, innovation and originality defines the Browns spirit. In May 2015, Browns was bought by Farfetch enabling Browns to retain its strong DNA, but leverage Farfetch’s resources and world-class, global technology platform.
Browns now enters into a new era with the objective of re-establishing Browns and Brownsfashion.com as the coolest boutique brand in the world. Join us on this incredibly exciting journey as we take steps to redefine luxury boutique shopping.
Our open plan offices are set in the heart of the digital district in London, we have recently relocated locally to a larger and more dynamic flexible office space. We offer free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create interfaces for new and existing website functionality
- Create comps, wireframes, sitemaps and style sheets
- A working knowledge of responsive and adaptive technologies on multiple platforms including mobile devices
- Own and deliver an intuitive, efficient and delightful user experience for our website
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design for our customers
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to understand business and user needs, as well as technical capabilities
- Work with engineering team through implementation to ensure the desired user experience is carried through the development cycle
- Support user research activities, including usability testing, heuristic evaluations and user interviews
Key Skill & Experience:
- 3-5 years experience with UI/UX design.
- Ability to code a variety of complex CSS and HTML webpages
- Bachelor’s degree in user experience, interaction design, information architecture or related field
- Proven experience leading and delivering user-centred design projects across multifunction disciplines
- Ability to own and articulate design decisions
- Portfolio, or examples showcasing experience, in planning and creating intuitive digital experiences
- Experience working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be highly self-motivated and passionate about design and improving user experience.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Design Manager for Oxford University Press
Closing 29 May 2017
- Oxford University Press
- temp to perm
- 25,000 to 32,000 p/a
Senior UX/UI Designer for Wholegrain Digital
Closing 22 June 2017
- Wholegrain Digital
Want more Senior UX Designer (Browns Fashion) - FARFETCH jobs?
Want to find more Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Information Architect jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.