Senior Project Manager
Our client delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day, across its digital and print properties as well as through leading digital partners. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to join their team.
You will be a key team member responsible for the delivery of allocated projects with specific attention to scheduling, administration, quality of output and profitability. Overall goal - make sure the work produced is better than what was pitched and is produced within the required profitability margins.
● Your efforts should be aimed at driving (1) Results That Matter (the client-facing promise of campaign effectiveness) for clients and, (2) efficiency in production such that your projects run within agreed profit margins.
● Work closely with your Project Director and dedicated commissioning editors in the execution of campaigns allocated to you to deliver the client benefits as outlined above.
● Be proficient in the planning, scheduling, booking and reporting of media inventory (in-paper, inserts, online, events etc) required to deliver branded content campaigns as sold, and to manage any production/planning matters that may arise.
● To ensure you are involved from pitch to PCA for your campaigns, and assist with pitches where required.
● Be mindful of the need to seek advice from more experienced colleagues in your hub where necessary, referring all problems that are proving tricky to resolve/have negative client or profit implications to your Group Project Director at the earliest opportunity.
● Whilst the majority of work is likely to fall under your usual specialist hub, you are to be prepared to work on any project allocated to you by your Hub Project Director or the Project Management Director.
● To ensure there are centralized accurate schedules/files of all the activity you have managed - keeping full up-to-date records of past, present and future campaigns - easily accessible by all in the department. Be an enthusiastic user and supporter of the campaign management software).
● Ensuring there are P&Ls for all the bookings you run and that costs are correctly allocated, managed and within agreed profit margins. Promote, positively, the rate-card to aid delivery of budgeted margins. Anything falling outside of agreed margins to be escalated to your Hub Project Director.
● Make sure all projects are smoothly delivered, with clear timeline management, dealing with clients, agencies and internal stakeholders where necessary.
● To set and then manage the delivery of campaign KPI's via the Editorial and Web Production Teams.
● To have a clear understanding of all products including newspaper, magazines, website, apps and database.
Specific requirements & skills
● Motivated with very good project management skills
● Good interpersonal skills with good attention to detail
● The ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once to meet deadlines
● Good organisational and time management skills with a flexible approach to work
● Numerical literacy is important to manage and optimise profit margins
● Multi-media experience with knowledge of print production and traffic management is preferred. A background in publishing is ideal.
● Paramount is a can-do, positive outlook, underpinned by an excellent work ethic, that inspires others in both your direct, and the broader team
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
UX Researcher for Capital One
Closing 16 September 2017
- Capital One
- Old Street, London
- Competitive + Bonus
Junior Producer for Head
Closing 11 September 2017
Want more Senior Project Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Client Services Manager jobs, Creative Services Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs, Traffic Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.