Senior Events Producer - BBC
Join BBC Worldwide as our new Senior Events Producer - Television Centre (1 Year Contract)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and strategic Senior Events Producer to join our busy Events Team on a fixed term contract.
The purpose of this role is to produce world class creative events, with interactive experiences; the post holder will lead other members of the team - a combination of event co-ordinators and event producers depending on the complexity of the event and account management working closely wth Head of Events to ensure flawless delivery of projects for our internal stakeholders.Role Responsibility
- The Senior Event Producer will be responsible for producing and strategically planning large scale, high value events, providing event expertise to manage an event from initial idea/concept; consolidating an event brief with multiple stakeholders and full event production, through to completion.
- Own & develop the relationship with Stakeholder/s & internal support teams to devise event strategies that interpret the stakeholder vision and implement events that deliver against their objectives and budgets set.
- Oversee the creative design, set build, branding and logistics of an event to ensure that all standards are met and that the event reflects the original vision of the stakeholder(s). With support from other team members,
- Operationally line manage event producers and eventsco-ordinators on projects and provide event advice, coaching and mentoring to junior team members and contributing to their annual appraisals.
- Provide Health & Safety expertise and manage risks to ensure that events are produced safely and the reputation of the BBC is not brought into disrepute.
- The Senior Event Producer will support senior management and provide direction to junior members of team; you’ll advise the Head of Events and Senior Event Managers on event proposals and needs.
- Manage external suppliers and supplier negotiations.
- Strategic budget control and management, you will have financial responsibility of events and suppliers to value up to and on occasion in excess of £100K but not exclusively.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and characteristic
- Great commercial acumen, with proven experience of managing events from implementation through to completion.
- Experience of producing creative events from start to finish
- Good editorial standards and sound production expertise for appointing suitable and competent suppliers.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of AV requirements for events and the ability to write technical briefs to suppliers invited to pitch for business.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate effectively, as well as the aptitude to work on several projects at one time. In addition, you’ll be confident managing event teams on site and providing production and guidance to more junior team members in order to encourage development within the team.
- Demonstrate production and account management competencies together with a client foccussed approach with team effectiveness together with network of key industry contacts.
- Positive team sprit that inspires others to excel and deliver.
Exhibition Project Manager
Closing 22 August 2017
- Creative Recruitment
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Store Marketing Activations Expert - Adidas
Closing 2 September 2017
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.