Senior Digital Designer for 1973 Ltd
As part of 1973’s continued growth we are looking for an additional designer to join our team on a full-time, on-site basis. The role is for a middleweight/senior graphic designer specialising in digital web and email graphics, although knowledge of print design would also be desirable. We encourage all staff to feel empowered in the work they do, taking ownership of tasks and working closely with other members of the team to ensure an informed approach. We find this inspires a feeling of pride and achievement in seeing projects through and allows individuals to grow with the company.
The right candidate is highly creative and will bring leading edge design ideas to a variety of both client and internal projects. They are engaged in the latest industry tech and trends and enthusiasm to incorporate this into their work to push the boundaries of their output. They will demonstrate lateral thinking in analysing a brief and understanding both the message and the audience it is targeting. They will have outstanding skills in the Adobe Creative Suite enabling them to create fresh and original artwork from scratch where necessary. They will have a keen knowledge of designing for interactive, digital platforms and the design challenges and opportunities this poses. Communication skills are key in working as part of our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing responsive web and email layouts
- Creating original imagery and icons from scratch
- Understanding design briefs, carrying out necessary research and exploring various creative solutions
- Following brand guidelines and templates to create new designs and layouts
- Artworking existing layouts to new specifications
- Working in a clear and organized fashion to enable other team members to work with their files
- Liaising with the development team to understand what is possible or desirable to incorporate into the design to ensure a practical and user-friendly design
- Speaking or meeting with clients alongside an account manager to take on briefs and discuss ongoing projects
- Highly creative thinking
- Advanced and up-to-date Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
- Immersed in latest web styles / trends
- Ability to work to deadlines and budgets
- Meticulous attention to detail in checking their own work and the work of others
- Excellent communication skills and positive team attitude
- Basic copywriting/proof-checking capabilities
Nice to have
- Front-end coding skills (HTML, CSS)
- Print design skills
- Adobe Suite certifications
- Animation skills
Qualifications / experience
- 4+ years experience of a digital design position
Middleweight Digital Designer for Sightsavers
Closing 25 May 2017
- Haywards Heath
- £33,500 p/a
Closing 8 June 2017
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Senior Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Creative Team jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Creative Team jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Illustrator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.