Senior Designer for Oxford University PressThis job listing has expired
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Oxford Education Division provides books and resources across Primary, Secondary, Trade and Children's markets, both for the UK and for customers around the world.
About the Role
This is an exciting new opportunity for a highly talented, creative and motivated individual to join our Design team as a Senior Designer, working on a wide range of print and digital product for the Secondary and International Education markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing high quality design for print and digital delivery
- Commissioning illustration and other visual content
- Contracting and managing external design and typesetting suppliers
- Producing high impact series identity for use in product and marketing
- Budget and schedule management of a list of titles
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- experience of working as an editorial or print designer in the publishing industry
- excellent typographic and layout skills
- excellent communication skills
- excellent organisational skills and time management
- a high level of attention to detail
- ability to work within a team
- the ability to design for multi-media and web would be an advantage
- excellent knowledge of all Adobe CS packages (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in particular) and MS Office
- experience commissioning illustration, photography and design services would be an advantage
- experience of XML workflow would be an advantage
- educated to degree level or equivalent in a design related discipline
- able to demonstrate the ability to think creatively and to design for specific market requirements with a portfolio of own work
Competitive salary depending on skills and experience.
Closing date: 27 June 2017
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Web Design Manager - Taylor & Francis
Closing 15 September 2017
- Taylor & Francis
- Abingdon, Oxford
Middleweight / Senior Creative Designer - Fluro Ltd
Closing 14 September 2017
- Fluro Ltd
- Bourne End, SL8
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.