Project Manager - BBC Sport - BBCThis job listing has expired
We create the UK’s biggest and best-loved digital sports service for BBC Sport, drawing together world class journalism and live coverage of big events that bring the nation together. With around 25 million browsers a week across our website and mobile app proposition, our team’s work is central to the success of BBC Sport and BBC Online.
Beyond that, another of our products is BBC Live, born in our department and vital to the digital output of the BBC. It provides a shared platform for digital live event coverage across the BBC for all of its News, Music and Arts events, from the Olympics to the General Election and Glastonbury.
We delivered an amazing summer of events in 2016 including Wimbledon, the UEFA European Championship and the Rio Olympic Games, culminating in us breaking all of our previous records and being named ‘Digital Platform of the Year’ at the prestigious BT Sports Industry Awards.
Our department is based in Quay House at MediaCityUK. We have over 60 people organised into four multidisciplinary agile teams containing software engineers, testers, designers, product owners and project managers.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative project manager to join our growing multi-disciplinary agile product team to support the roll-out of our new digital strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a development team’s delivery priorities, transforming the existing BBC Sport offer to provide more engaging, participative and digitally native experiences for our audience.Role Responsibility
- Manage and deliver the project within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints to enable delivery of the agreed outputs and/or benefits.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders, using effective communication strategies.
- Ensure that project progress is reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage multiple projects from inception to successful outcomes, leading teams, planning, problem solving, progress monitoring, managing risk, and budget or resource responsibility.
- Work with stakeholders on defining scope, agreeing critical success factors, identifying deliverables and benefits, and understanding trade-offs.
- Effectively deal with difficult stakeholders, navigate ambiguous, changeable, and complex environments and achieve desired outcomes.
- Identify and manage dependencies and interdependencies with other projects, internal teams & 3rd party suppliers.
- Proven experience of delivering audience-facing web products, in an iterative or agile environment.
- Demonstrable experience of being able to manage difficult stakeholders, navigate ambiguous, changeable, and complex environments to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Proven experience of working with multiple 3rd parties to deliver digital products.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of monitoring, managing & effectively communicating risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, interdependencies and changes to stakeholders.
- Excellent and well-practiced communication (verbal, written, listening), inter-personal and influencing skills with the ability to bridge specialism and business through user-friendly language.
- Demonstrable experience of applying sequential and agile project management techniques to make decisions, solve problems and ensure quality of work done.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
We don’t focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Freelance Retail Project Manager - Creative Agency
Closing 13 September 2017
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm
- £200 to 250 /day
Integrated Project Manager
Closing 22 August 2017
- RedSofa London
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.