Production/Post Support Engineer - Communications Agency
Our client is an integrated communications agency, set up on the principles of simplicity, collaboration, un-preciousness and integration around ideas rather than channels. They work with a broad spectrum of clients and brands on a multitude of briefs, from social media or launch campaigns to DM and web build. They have a unique company culture, and are looking for people who can add to the team in a positive way and follow suit, they are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- A collaborative nature
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Take pride in their work
- Have an honest approach
- Be unprecious and be able to recognise that a good idea can come from anywhere
- Take responsibility
The department you will join is the social and content marketing arm of the overall company. It is a creative content agency, specializing in the creation, production, and distribution of brilliant and effective content for brands. This department blends the skillsets of SEO, social media, content marketing, community engagement as well as full-service production facilities. It works on behalf of the company's key clients as well as independent clients. In the last year the business produced over 500 pieces of content, from high-end film production to infographics and editorial content. Currently a team of 75 people, it is an exciting time to join a new business as it develops its full proposition to market.
- Production and Post Production consultation (recommend equipment and workflow)
- 2nd line technical support for all areas of Production and Post-Production to ensure a robust and seamless daily workflow. Escalating and coordinating with 3rd Line support if necessary.
- Strong diagnosis and resolution skills.
- Contribute to the long-term strategy of the Production and Post-Production environments.
- Research and development of emerging technologies and advise on new solutions for developing the department, working with the agency's Innovative Lead.
- Liaise with Head of IT for all hardware and software upgrades.
- Manage and help determine the CAPEX and OPEX with the HOD.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives.
- Manage the MCR, ensuring all incoming and outgoing work is of a high standard and offer support during busy times.
- A flexible attitude towards the occasional out of hours & on location support
The Support Engineer role is to provide consultation and support to the Production and Post facilities which includes x15 workstations, x4 Finishing Suites, an MCR & VO Booth, and an upcoming Audio Studio. You will also ensure the smooth running of all things technical in both areas of the department whilst helping the business develop.
- You have knowledge of Apple Mac OS X/Server (to a recent ACTC level preferred)
- You have expertise working in Apple environments
- You are a good communicator
- You have knowledge of video and audio standards and systems
- You have Enterprise Post-production management/engineering experience
- You have a Pro Application technical knowledge of Adobe CC, DaVinci Resolve, Nuke, Cinema 4d
- You have an understanding of NAS and SAN/management (GB Space Labs, GranitSTOR/Synology)
- You have knowledge of backup and archive management, grandfather-father workflow, etc., (working with IT)
- You have an open, approachable and adaptable attitude as the Production and Post departments are hugely busy hubs of activity within the company.
- You have business acumen Desirable
- You have an interest/knowledge of cameras would be an advantage but not essential
- You have an understanding/Administration of Farmer's Wife scheduling system preferred but not essential.
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare - through Pru Health
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday (additional to bank holidays, the office may also close for 3 days over Christmas and New Year and work permitting, half a day before a bank holiday)
- Mobile phone
- Enhanced maternity pay/ 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave (after qualifying period)
- Season ticket loan after 3 months
- Fresh fruit daily
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Salary Sacrifice Pension
- Corporate Gym Membership
Production Manager for Breakthrough Media
Closing 18 April 2017
- Breakthrough Media
Resource Co-ordinator / Junior Traffic Manager / Studio Manager
Closing 17 April 2017
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £20,000 to 25,000 p/a
Want more Production/Post Support Engineer - Communications Agency jobs?
Want to find more Post Production Coordinator jobs, Production Manager jobs, Broadcast Engineer jobs, Facilities Engineer jobs, Post Production Assistant jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Production Coordinator jobs, Video Engineer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.