Production Manager - Discovery CommunicationsThis job listing has expired
Production Manager - 12 Month FTC Maternity Cover
The Production manager is responsible for budgeting and managing customisation projects as well as the department’s forecasting and cost tracking.
You will lead a production coordination team to support the day to day reversioning business as well as Customisation and repackaging projects.
You will be a key part of the Reversioning team that manages versions through the broadcast chain for the UK, Nordics, South and CEEMEA programming output, as well as supporting initiatives for production and systems development across the whole content lifecycle.Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing budgets and schedules for customisation and production.
- Cost tracking key lines for Reversioning Department budget.
- Providing forecasts, budget actuals and accrual information.
- Overseeing our work in SAP, raising PO’s and processing reversioning and programming related invoices.
- Oversee the set-up of shoots for internal customisations, including booking crew & travel, organising permits, creating call sheets and on location support.
- Liaising between Discovery and production companies/ suppliers for external customisations, and key internal stakeholders.
- Managing the customisation tracker that is shared to Channel heads and Business leads.
- Working with the Reversioning Operations team, you will support the day to day production process.
- Providing key metrics on productions.
- Working closely with the Media, Technology, Production & Operations departments of Discovery.
- Overseeing the departments usage of company systems such as for Program tracking, rights management, music reporting and travel and expenses. Supporting reversioning managers with ad hoc duties (research, archive research etc.)
- Providing monthly cost estimates and budget and volume summaries to finance.
- Talent booking, ensuring contracts are issued and resolving any issues.
- Working with the team on talent selection for the content that requires Voice over.
- Managing music reporting and input into Soundmouse.
- Overseeing our work in programme tracking systems and ensuring timely and accurate inputs.
- Measure and manage service level provided and reporting back to the business.
- Provide analysis of workflows, such as file delivery, reversioning workflow and systems and support development projects in these areas.
- Experience in production management and broadcast operations in an international environment.
- To be personable & engaging; to forge working relationships with other departments.
- Great communication skills and the ability to influence across the business with tact & diplomacy.
- Must be well versed in the governance of productivity, metrics and budgets.
- Good IT skills. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills a must. IBMS and programme tracking experience preferable or experience of similar rights management systems.To be self-sufficient & pro-active; excellent time management skills, able to plan ahead.
Share on your newsfeed
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Senior Product Manager - Asos
Closing 22 July 2017
- ASOS plc
Senior Technical Product manager
Closing 29 June 2017
- Digital Gurus
- £60,000 to 65,000 p/a
Want more Production Manager - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Digital Project Manager jobs, Production Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs, Broadcast Director jobs, Head of Production jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.