Product Design Programme Manager - FARFETCHThis job listing has expired
FOR THE BOLD. THE ONES WHO CHALLENGE CONVENTION AND DARE TO DREAM.
The Farfetch Product Design team is growing quickly and with it comes greater complexities in our operations, skills and people. To guarantee our continued success we’re looking for a very special type of Program Manager to help fuel our growth, keep our team burnout-free and revolutionise our ways of working and processes.
The DPM works with design leadership to make sure that timelines are understood, projects are appropriately staffed, team members have the resources and facilities they need, and there’s healthy communication not just within the team, but across product owners, engineering, agile coaching and marketing. They know when we need to run a Kanban board or a Gantt chart, or possibly both.
What You’ll do:
Responsibilities for Design Program Manager break out into two areas:
Planning and staffing
- Maintain staff availability tools to ensure team members are not spread too thin, and reasonable timelines are clearly communicated
- Also work with team leads to develop measurement plans, to understand the impact that design is having
- Coordinate with cross-functional leadership across product management, research, engineering, and marketing to make sure staffing is aligned with the highest priority needs and with the right timeframes
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- Deftly navigate, support and optimise different ways of working across the company (we have agile and waterfall teams)
- Identity staffing shortages and work with design leadership to figure out how to address it (full-time hire, contractors, external partners)
- Manage relationships with contractors and external partners, including negotiation and contract execution
Process and tools
- Work with design leads to develop project plans, sprint plans, quarterly planning, including activities and team engagement
- Establish best practices for design tool use, including standardising on software (for creation, communication, and file sharing), and how we use that software
- Contribute to new-hire onboarding practices and documentation
Who You Are:
- Strong Program Management, Project Management, Agile Coaching or relevant experience in a cross-functional (PO, design & dev) product driven organisation or full stack digital agency
- Effortless and natural communicator
- Track record of managing multiple workstreams across product and engineering, and support the delivery of that work
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for UX and UI design processes
- Deep knowledge and appreciation of Agile methodologies and principles
- Qualified ScrumMaster preferred
- Have established systems for tracking work within a design organisation (resourcing, availability, programs)
- Experience with managing contractors and external partners
- Competent with JIRA, Trello or similar tools. Must be able to manage a ticket queue
- Calm and collected demeanour, even when things get a little crazy around you
- Have documented practices, processes, and standards for tool use and how things get done
- Have developed detailed project plans and roadmaps (in collaboration with design leadership)
- Genuine experience with qualitative user research methods a big advantage
- Experience running teams across multiple global locations
- A wide array of inclusive and modern workshopping techniques hugely valued
- Happy to travel regularly to Portugal and other global offices
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
UI Designer for Zoopla
Closing 17 June 2017
- Competitive with excellent benefits
Design Manager for Oxford University Press
Closing 29 May 2017
- Oxford University Press
- temp to perm
- 25,000 to 32,000 p/a
Want more Product Design Programme Manager - FARFETCH jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Product Development Manager jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.