Newsletter Editor - The New York Times
The New York Times Opinion section is looking for a newsletter editor to help launch new products in the section, and to improve existing ones, as part of the department's overall engagement strategy. The ideal candidate will be savvy with distribution tools, trends and tactics, will be well-versed in the newsletter landscape and will be an excellent editor, collaborator and writer.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A passionate reader and student of news and opinion delivered via email.
- An excellent editor.
- Full of ideas and up to date knowledge about how to draw in, engage and keep readers.
- Familiar with HTML.
- Well versed in reading traffic data and analytics.
- Highly organized and able to multitask and prioritize.
- Enjoys the continuously changing nature of digital journalism.
- A strong evangelist for new ideas and a creative, strong collaborator.
A sample of the main duties in this role:
- Research the opportunities for Opinion newsletters and present recommendations about product and strategy to department leadership.
- Test and track reader habits and trends around existing and new newsletters, providing regular presentations to the department’s senior editors and suggesting areas of improvement and opportunities for goal-oriented experimentation.
- Help implement the strategies and priorities set by the department leadership, working with writers, other editors, the newsletter product team and Opinion’s leadership to build the product.
- Train newsletter writers to produce and maintain their own newsletter, constantly looking for areas of improvement.
- Serve as a conduit between the Opinion department and the Times newsletters product and tech teams, and keep up to date with the latest technology and knowledge.
- Work on tactics and conduct tests to build subscription rate, open rates and audience of newsletters.
This position is represented by the News Guild of New York.
Senior Copywriter - Bloomingdales
Closing 7 September 2017
- New York
Associate Producer-Assistant Editor - Discovery Communications
Closing 31 August 2017
- Discovery Networks International
- Silver Spring
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.