Junior User Experience (UX) Designer FTC - BBC
We design the BBCs amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies.
Our ace team of UX designers, architects and researchers collaborate closely with product, editorial and technical teams from across the BBC. Together we create elegant, delightful (not to mention award-winning) digital experiences on mobile, tablet, desktop and TV across 10 digital products: BBC Homepage, Search, News, Sport, Weather, Knowledge & Learning, CBeebies, CBBC, iPlayer and Radio & Music.
- Share designs and ideas with people from design, product, editorial and tech teams.
- Collaborate with other members of UX&D to get to the heart of what our users need, creating sketches, concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes.
- Design elements of coherent, cross-platform user experiences.
- Develop the visual and interaction elements of BBC user experiences, refining them towards a polished design, considering typography, iconography, layout and brand identity along the way.
- Help to define elements of the BBCs Global Experience Language.
- Manage your time effectively.
- Work with external agencies to learn new things and see new perspectives.
- Help try out design ideas with people on the street to make sure theyre meeting real user needs.
- Do all this with a view to achieving a single, seamless service on all screens across all BBC products.
The Ideal Candidate
Youve got a spectacular portfolio full of promise and flair, showing you can do great designs on all sorts of screens. Now youre ready to put promise into practice at the BBC.
You might be all about wireframes, user flows and personas. Or layout, colour and typography. And maybe youve even got something special up your sleeve, like a love of illustration, motion graphic design or prototype building. Whatever youre great at, we want to hear about it!
Whether you learned your skills on a design degree or on the job, youre always on the lookout for more. So, while youre already comfortable on the Adobe Creative Suite, youre happy to try new things to suit the task at hand.
Youre curious and full of ideas constantly fascinated by what people really need, and how we can create the right experience to give it to them. And youre happy talking through your design decisions with a diverse range of people.
Creative Director for Creative Spark
Closing 2 September 2017
- Creative Spark
- 40k - 50k DOE
Want more Junior User Experience (UX) Designer FTC - BBC jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.