Junior Infographics & UX Designer - BBCThis job listing has expired
The purpose of the visual journalism team is to unlock the potential of multimedia storytelling across all our platforms - desktop, tablet, mobile and TV. By using graphical tools and combining those with an understanding of data and journalistic rigour, the team aims to produce powerful visual explanations that improve understanding of the news.
Now we need a Junior Infographics and UX Designer to join the World Service team, which is a growing part of Visual Journalism. You’ll be working with world-class UX and Editorial Designers, Journalists, technical experts and masters of motion graphics to create amazing digital storytelling experiences, in multiple languages to a global audience.
We’re not talking 9 to 5. You’ll be at the heart of the action when a story breaks, working closely with senior team members to deliver experiences that resonate across BBC News, wherever and whenever our audience encounters us.
You will be collaborating with technical, editorial and product teams from across the BBC to create elegant, delightful experiences that transcend the barriers between old and new media. We are a global brand, our audience is international and we must deliver our designs and user experiences in multiple languages so we can reach all our users.Role Responsibility
- Contribute design expertise to project teams made up of journalists, product managers and developers.
- Communicate conceptual ideas and design decisions to project teams.
- Collaborate with design colleagues to produce sketched concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes that reflect user needs.
- Provide designs across multiple screens for projects that deliver coherent user experiences.
- Ensure accurate data representation and accessible design solutions.
- Deliver maps, charts, information graphics and branding to support daily output.
- Develop the visual design and user experience and refine towards a polished design, taking into consideration typography, iconography, layout and brand identity.
- Prioritise your own workload under guidance of other designers.
- Deliver information graphics and user experiences that can be easily re-worked to accommodate multiple languages.
- Work closely with interactive journalists, visual artists and a visual team to provide compelling forms of data visualization and creative and straight-forward infographics
You’ll receive flexibility allowance to cover irregular working patterns.The Ideal Candidate
You’ve got a track record of outstanding Infographics and UX work across various different screens, be they mobile, connected TV, tablet or desktop. And you’ve got the portfolio to prove it.
You might tend towards data visualisation, information graphics and mapping, or layout, colour and typography. Either way you will have skills you can use to create the ideal user experience. Maybe you have even got something special up your sleeve, like you’re an amazing prototype builder, responsive design expert or 3D animator.
You will have a keen interest in news and current affairs, a firm grasp on how design can make a story comprehensible, compelling and relevant. You will also be able to pitch your work to people from all sorts of backgrounds.
You’re comfortable applying your skills to whatever situation arises, be it a new device or an unfamiliar design package. You’ve got a great degree in design or the equivalent on-the-job experience.Package Description
Contract - Continuing
Location - Delhi
Grade - Local terms & conditions applyAbout the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Junior Infographics & UX Designer - BBC jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Information Architect jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.