Junior Designer - Discovery Communications
Responsibilities include design and animation for The Agency’s in-house production team specializing in branded entertainment, promotional campaigns, corporate advertising and positioning, 360 video and VR, Reversioned and Original hours, animation, live action content, and design. Based in Silver Spring, the Motion Designer will report into the Senior Art Director and work across all aspects of The Agency’s projects in production. In this role, The Motion Designer will oversee and develop logos, show packages and internal graphics specifically for use within the Agency’s reversion and long form unit. The Motion Designer will assist Senior Designer and Senior Art Director as needed on key projects and work hand and glove with editors, Post Supervisor, Media Manager, and producers.Responsibilities:
1. Oversee creation of in show elements for reversions, reloads, and original hours, including but not limited to text containers, title graphics, lower thirds, and special enhanced graphic elements.
2. Liaise directly with producers for long and short form to insure accuracy of all text, in show elements and title graphics
3. Support Silver Spring and Motion Design team on an as needed basis
4. Work hand in glove with GTO edit team and Agency in house Post Production Supervisor to hit tight deadlines and work within edit schedules for projects
* Must be a team player
* knowledge of film/video design, animation, editorial, post production and live action
* Experience working with design and animation on quick turn projects
* Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and able to work on multiple projects, in various stages of post simultaneously
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Integrity, strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
* 2-5 year’s experience in design, animation or related fields
* Bachelor’s degree, Art School or trade degree in advertising/design /communications or art.
* Well versed in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver).
* Proficiency in After Effects and 3D rendering a plus.
* Excellent typographical and concept design skills essential.
* Must be team player and be able to work on several projects under tight deadline situations.
* Must be willing to work non-traditional hours and weekends
* Cable or entertainment advertising/design experience or agency background preferred.
* Experience across multiple forms of content including both long and short form a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Graphic Designer - Bloomingdales
Closing 7 September 2017
- New York
Graphic Designer - The New York Times
Closing 7 September 2017
- The New York Times
- New York
Want more Junior Designer - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Typographer jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Animator jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.