Head of Design
Our client is a successful independent Direct Marketing agency with a lovely culture, based in London Bridge. They are currently looking for a Head of Design:
HEAD OF DESIGN
1) Reporting into the Executive Creative Director, the Head of Design will be an integral part of a growing creative agency. You will have a natural propensity to craft bold, class-leading graphic design across mobile, digital and DM channels.
2) The successful candidate will demonstrate an enthusiasm and aptitude for understanding and evolving the visual language of the agency's key client brands.
3) You will be prepared to learn fast and demonstrate actionable learnings through their creative output.
4) You will be able to create designs across platforms and channels, both print and pixel, that are well-crafted, well thought through and deliver on-brand but fundamentally are always right before they leave the creative department.
5) You will be an eternally curious designer who loves what they do and is prepared to put in the hard yards to understand how their designs impact a customer's world and the business challenge.
6) You will have the desire to push the boundaries, always looking to go further and demonstrate how their design can be explored within the medium.
7)You will be lead a thriving, buoyant team of designers whilst working closely with account teams, creative teams, and the Head of Production, pushing their designs and making sure that they deliver best-in-class creative.
8) Accuracy and detail will be paramount in your work, setting the bar for the design output, ensuring that all communicationsare on brand, that they track through rationally and emotionally and that there is consistency across everything you do.
9) You will be required to present your work internally and to clients, articulate their thinking behind it and present strong rationales.
REMARKABLE QUALITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will not only demonstrate remarkable skills but share some remarkable values - the values that make us the way we are and helpcreate a unique working atmosphere.
An infectious passion and enthusiasm for graphic design, in all of it's forms.
The desire to push the boundaries. To go further. Never settle just for 'good' but for 'wish I'd done that. Oh, I just did!'
To do the best work of their lives while they are with the agency - work that gets noticed and that's worth getting out of bed for.
They will display a natural tendency to ask not what can my company do for me but what can I do for my company. Collaborative to the core. Ask questions of colleagues, share their enthusiasm, inspire each other and show respect for them.
The instinct to help and support fellow team members, to exercise a duty of care and, before leaving at night, to ask "what can I do to help?"
To lead by example, to generate infectious enthusiasm for the work and to realise that they are helping to build morale through a positive outlook. Not just in a relentlessly upbeat way, but seeing the opportunities in everything: every brief, every meeting, every opportunity to push design work that gets talked about.
They need to be flexible, see the potential in every brief and act on it.
They will be responsible for helping to build an environment and a culture given to compelling and surprising design thinking - and, in doing so, will contribute in no small part to bringing the agency to life.
Reporting in to the Executive Creative Director on all work.
Generating design that is both interactive, digitally-savvy, mobile first and print literate.
Arriving at design that is on-brief, on-brand and based on human behaviour.
Arriving at design that is unexpected but that can be implemented within proscribed budgets and timeframes.
To be a brand design guardian who knows precisely which weight of font is supposed to be where, who knows that that colour is wrong, or that shape, that gradient. Every square inch. Every pixel. It's your turf.
Actively support, mentor and direct two full-time graphic designers - one Senior Designer and one Midweight Graphic Designer.
Working closely with the Traffic Manager in casting and overseeing freelance design support.
Will not only be very vocal about the agency look and feel, but will actively drive it and own it.
Liaising closely with the Head of Production to ensure all logos, fonts, layouts and formats are adhered to and in circulation.
Thinking outside of the orthodoxies, clichés and standard responses, believing that adequate simply isn't good enough. And that good can be better.
Backing up all design with inspiration and rationales, articulated succinctly and imaginatively.
Able to accurately design across platforms, devices and channels - fluent across the Adobe Creative Suite, predominantly with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Moving image, (Premiere, After Effects etc.) is a bonus, but not a neccesity.
Working with the Head of Production to ensure that the output of the design team is error free, on brand and ready for the Head of Production to prep, package and send.
Presenting designs to clients with confidence and conveying the right combination of magic and logic.
Head of Creative for Swoon Editions
Closing 20 June 2017
- Swoon Editions
Senior UX/UI Designer for Wholegrain Digital
Closing 22 June 2017
- Wholegrain Digital
Want more Head of Design jobs?
Want to find more Creative Director jobs, Design Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Production Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.