Head of Creative Networks, Formats - BBCThis job listing has expired
BBC Worldwide's Content team are looking for a senior creative who puts the wow into Format, creating, sharing and developing noise around and about format productions all over the world.
As the Head of Creative Networks in the Formats team, you will ensure that the opportunities and scope of the formats pipeline are understood, known and amplified so all stakeholders know everything they need to make informed decisions about their focus.
You'll create and run an easily accessible communications network that ensures the maximum creativity and ideas flow between production partners, Indies and BBC Studios, and help to develop ideas and extensions for brands.Role Responsibility
The main responsibilities of the Head of Creative Networks are to:
- Create and manage a network hub to facilitate constant exchanges of ideas and creativity around Formats encouraging cross-country and regional conversations and making up-to-date materials easily accessible
- Set up and manage regular creative exchange calls – monthly hosted by Creative Director, Formats – primarily for Producers, running additional ad hoc or other regular calls/forums to connect Studios/Indies with producers for new or developing Format areas
- Be reactive to and in touch with new trends, ideas and format proposals informing the right teams swiftly to any opportunities
- Maintain regular contact, through Director of Production and Flying Producers, to ensure access to latest materials and insight on upcoming formats
- Oversee and sign off the creation of all format marketing and pitching materials through the line management of the Marketing & Creative Manager and devising creative, innovative new tools for sales teams to talk about the Formats
- Responsible for the Formats Marketing and travel budget for the role and the Marketing & Creative Manager
- Work alongside the Creative Director of Formats, increase and improve the format sales executives’ knowledge and approach to pitching formats to senior decision makers at broadcasters and production companies.
- Help format sales teams on the pitching or preparation of pitching of individual formats as appropriate, either in markets or in territories, feeding any development requirements back to BBCW’s flying producers
- Work closely with Brand Management team on ways to present the social media, ancillary and ‘beyond TV opportunities for new and existing Formats
- Create innovative ideas for global markets to ensure prominence for Formats and manage the relationship with Central Marketing
- Produce internal and external-facing events and Creative Exchanges, Meet the Europeans etc for international production and sales teams
- Agree external Press & PR strategies and press releases with the Communications team, being interviewed or setting up interviews by trade publications on BBCW’s format business as necessary.
- Be a key member of the creative community with Factual Entertainment and Entertainment contributing actively in forums brainstorms and team meetings across the Genre.
In this role, we're looking for someone highly creative with the ability to initiate and develop ideas. You will understand production and will likely have either a production or brands and marketing background.
Other skills that we're looking for include:
- Digitally savvy with social media communications expertise
- Brand and marketing experience – print, digital and video content production
- Excellence in communications - written and oral – enjoys working with people at all levels
- Highly organised with database experience – good at creating new communications systems
- Understanding of global markets
- Experience in events production desirable
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world. In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. The UK region delivers nearly a third of BBCW’s revenues, across a broad range of sectors, including Channels, TV Distribution, Consumer Products, Live Events, Publishing and e-Commerce.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Junior Producer for Head
Closing 11 September 2017
Account Director - Top Digital and Direct Agency
Closing 15 September 2017
- Gemini People
- £45,000 to 60,000 p/a
Want more Head of Creative Networks, Formats - BBC jobs?
Want to find more Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Production Manager jobs, Head of Content jobs, Head of Production jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.