Graphics Designer (Motions) for Network RailThis job listing has expired
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
The central Communications department supports the business to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, including passengers, taxpayers, lineside neighbours, government organisations and our employees. The department covers five core disciplines ¨media, public affairs, customer and community relations, marketing and internal communications.
We are continuing to grow our creative digital and content team and are now looking to appoint a talented Graphic Designer to join us at this exciting time. You will play a lead role in defining a style for graphics across the organisation, with an abundance of opportunity to conceptualise, design and produce a diverse range of print and digital designs for multi-channel output.
You will be a highly experienced graphic designer who understands the power of storytelling, and will have a wealth of experience conceptualising and designing highly engaging content and will no doubt have an enviable portfolio to demonstrate the extent of your skills and achievements.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Conceptualising ideas and bringing these to life to delivery high impact graphics that have the power to inspire
- Ability to develop concepts from your own ideas and present these to internal clients
- Awareness of and ability to develop publications for diverse audiences
- Willingness to travel to client sites to attend briefings and to contribute creative ideas
- Passionate about keeping up-to-date with changes in creative design, with a finger firmly on the pulse for changes in style and trends impacting graphic design across print and digital channels, with a firm understanding of what customers want and expect
Essential skills and experience required
To be successful, you will need to be a practitioner with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, either agency or client side. You will have a portfolio you’re proud of and laser focus on where your skills can add value, through punchy, engaging and impressive graphic designs.
In particular, you will need to demonstrate you are:
- An expert in a full range of creative design software
- A master in relevant Adobe creative suite products
- Accomplished at creating designs from concept through to final output
- Able to impress with your dynamic portfolio that demonstrates the breadth of your abilities as a graphic designer
- Able to see where graphic design can add value to communication output and story-telling impact
- A natural creative talent with an abundance of imagination
- A curious character who enjoys exploring and the trying new creative styles
- A natural team player who thrives working in a team environment to deliver great results
- Organised, self-motivated and able to work at pace
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills and experience to take a lead role in graphic design at Network Rail, we look forward to hearing from you.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Closing 7 April 2017
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- £22,000 to 25,000 p/a
Mid-Weight Conceptual Designer - Experiential
Closing 19 April 2017
- £30,000 to 33,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.