Graphic Designer for DC ThomsonThis job listing has expired
Scottish Wedding Directory is looking for a Graphic Designer to join its lovely team. Working across the title in print and online, with brand extensions and projects as required, you will work to gain a clear understanding of requirements in order to create page layouts, advert designs and other assets, to style and to deadline, following briefs from colleagues and clients.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing page layouts, adverts and more with high visual impact, in keeping with the Scottish Wedding Directory image, style guide and brand values
- Contributing ideas and designing artwork to brief
- Ensuring layout changes meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Contributing to the design of brand extensions and projects as necessary within a team environment
- Helping to manage the needs and expectations of clients and colleagues in a constructive and positive way
With at least an HND in Graphic Design or equivalent, or extensive experience in graphic design, the successful candidate will be a proficient user of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and have an understanding of colour, layout, typography, and the power of good design to communicate.
Experience of photography, brand development and designing commercial adverts would be advantageous, as would experience of working in a commercial-centric context. You will also be able to think flexibly, be inherently creative, possess good communication skills and be able to interpret instructions. The ability to prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines and style guides is a must.
Please note that this role will be based in our Kingsway office until approximately the end of March 2017. We will then move to our Meadowside office in Dundee city centre.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.