Graphic Designer for Aesthetica MagazineThis job listing has expired
£20,000 per annum, 37.5 hours per week.
We are recruiting a full-time graphic designer who can manage multiple deadlines to join our busy office in York city centre. You will be working across Aesthetica Magazine and related projects; these include the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize and Creative Writing Award.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the Aesthetica brand, a creative flair and an outstanding attention to detail. You will have excellent knowledge of Adobe programs and understanding working with both print and digital. You will be fully responsible for making the magazine and all marketing materials to print-ready specifications, working both independently and as part of a team you’ll also be open to feedback.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing Aesthetica Magazine to current house style and meeting print deadlines.
- Assisting at all stages of creative project - from the initial concept to artwork and final production.
- Creating marketing materials including posters, fliers, e-graphics.
- Producing in-house advertisements and ads for our clients when required.
- Making books including the Art Prize and Creative Writing anthologies.
- Generating the Film Festival and Art Prize programmes.
- Curating mock-up designs with our editorial team.
- At least two year’s experience designing professionally.
- Good understanding of all aspects of design from typography to grids to creating pixel perfect designs.
- Experience of digital design with an understanding of website production and the digital and social landscape including basic HTML for email graphics and mail shots.
- Experience of print design with an excellent understanding of the production process, dealing with high resolution imagery and preparing files up for print.
- Retouching and artworking skills with good knowledge of retouching process.
- Complete understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Work to tight deadlines and organise own workload.
- Outstanding attention to detail and enthusiasm for development across the brand.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
Please apply with the following:
- Cover letter that details why you’d like to be a designer at Aesthetica.
- CV and link to your portfolio.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Closing 3 June 2017
Design Lead for Savvy Marketing
Closing 17 June 2017
- Savvy Marketing
- £40,000 to 50,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.