Global Brand Manager - Unilever
Business Context & Main Purpose of the Job
In 2009, Unilever acquired TIGI; a trend setting professional hair care products company with brands such as Bed Head, Catwalk & S-Factor. TIGI is market leader in salon styling in the UK, and also has strong presence in US, Germany, Italy and Australia.
We’re currently on the hunt for a serious beauty addict to join one of the most fast paced teams in Unilever. To succeed you will need to be obsessed by all things hair and beauty, with a keen eye for the latest fashions, and emerging consumer, cultural and online trends. A love for putting your creative skills into action, be open to new ideas, and be very savvy in digital media. In addition you’ll show excellent organisational and problem solving skills. This is not an environment for the faint hearted or for those who love process; as this is a pressurised environment, with big personalities and a constantly changing landscape.
This role will focus on a high profile brand, going beyond innovation to think about how we build strong brand equity and scale distribution in our biggest markets. This will involve leading projects at speed, taking conclusive actions, presenting plans to the TIGI board led by TIGI President and employing a creative approach to solving challenges presented. To make the role a success you will need to enjoy working as part of a team and have the ability to strategically influence highly creative individuals to meet business objectives. You’ll need to be able to remain calm under pressure, be resilient when faced with challenges, and understand how to work across functions to compromise and find solutions.
This is a cutting edge hair team, which remains independent from Unilever, based at TIGI’s studio offices at Battersea. There will be occasional visits to Unilever headquarters in Blackfriars London, and some international travel may be involved from time to time.
The role reports directly to the TIGI Global Brand Director, responsible for all brands within the TIGI portfolio. The brand manager will take the lead on our TIGI Copyright©olour & Colour Trip brands, re-articulating the brand positioning and path to success within the world of salon hair care, as well as general management of brand activities and digital channels. Colour is currently our biggest growth driver, and where there is significant potential to bring incremental turnover, so is a strategic priority for TIGI. You will be the key lead for Education development, responsible for the Global Education team who create and coordinate the education courses and materials for colour & other TIGI brands.
The role will involve management of 2 Assistant Brand Managers and 1 Education Specialist to help lead a Unilever cross functional project team, and will provide global support to the 7 existing TIGI local marketing teams (in US, UK, DE, FR/BEL, IT, and RU) as well as European and Asian Distributor managers. As with all marketing roles at TIGI, you will need to build strong relationships and contact with the internal creative team, including stylists, production and education.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Generate ideas and concepts for products which are innovative and revolutionary to the professional salon industry in 2017 and beyond, including new technologies & colours, pricing strategy, distribution recommendation, and supporting communication plan. This should be through identifying consumer, salon & technological trends globally. This will need to be fully aligned with local markets and the TIGI board, with project inputs from the Creative Director and Founder and TIGI President.
- Ongoing brand stewardship of TIGI Colour which will include driving global brand vision and annual marketing campaigns and plans; brand portfolio management; product education development; and gifting and promo recommendations. You will also need to collaborate with Education, R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, Countries and Zones in refining new ideas and concepts, and have strong alignment and positive relationships with local marketing teams
- Management of Colour Brands on digital channels including website and social media both from a community management and content perspective.
- Lead the Education strategy for colour and other brands
Number and complexity of brands/platforms handled
- Direct brand stewardship Colourtrip & Copyright colour
- Business risk if the job holder makes the wrong decisions
- Material impact on TIGI business and equity. Critical role for business
- Ambitious to step up into a high profile role which will be challenging and demanding
- Eager to take on autonomous role with confidence to lead recommendations and take decisions
- Excellent partner management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with flexibility to work around process to find the right business solutions for TIGI
- Standout colleague with strong influencing skills to work across functions and handle big personalities
- Passion for beauty, fashion and hair and insatiable curiosity about the craft of hairdressing
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Extensive years marketing experience
- Preference for individuals who have worked in Professional industry, ideally in Colour
- Good business insight and numeracy
- Demonstrable experience of project management, concept and communication development
- Experience in / of Education
- Excellent understanding of digital environment including social media platforms
- Well organized, flexible and ability to multi-task
- Passion for excellent execution and attention to detail
Unilever Standards of Leadership:
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent and Teams
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Accountability & Responsibility
Animation Producer for Casual Films
Closing 15 September 2017
- Casual Films
- £30,000 to 39,000 p/a
Freelance Senior Account Manager - Major Advertising Agency
Closing 14 September 2017
- temp to perm
- £180 to 200 /day
Want more Global Brand Manager - Unilever jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.