Film and Web Executive - Award winning BroadcasterThis job listing has expired
Our award winning client is a friendly, high-performing organization based in South West London, near Victoria. They are the marketing body for commercial TV in the UK. They help brands get the best out of today’s TV in all its forms. Their clients include Channel 4, ITV, Sky Media, Turner Media Innovations and UKTV, as well as associate Members such as Discovery Networks Norway, Disney, London Live, TAM Ireland, and Virgin Media, to name just a few.
In house filming and editing:
- You will be operating DSLR cameras
- You will be editing films to brief for the website, events and presentations
- You will provide general production management of A/V kit: cameras, lights, sound, hard-drives etc
- You will be responsible for setting up and breaking down of shoots
- You will be putting forward ideas for potential new films
Day-to-day implementation of website tasks:
- You will be publishing content to the website via a Sitecore Content Management System (CMS); re-purposing images; compressing or converting or editing AV material; formatting web pages; finding or creating images to fit the company’s website style; links; tagging; email processes etc.
- You will be updating existing content
- You will be assisting with quality control and implementation
- When necessary, you will be liaising with the technical team at their web agency and other 3rd party providers
Preparation of content for multi-media presentations:
- You will be sourcing, purchasing, converting content as requested by the presentations team (A/V, images, articles from the site etc).
This is a real corker of a job that allows you to produce high quality work that will be seen and appreciated by large numbers of people.
The role is made up of two main elements:
- Creating the company’s AV output. This includes filming interviews and case studies involving the UK’s leading advertising practitioners, along with editing inspiring brand stories and advertising reels for the company’s London events. This filming and editing component makes up about 60% of the role.
- Website content management. Working alongside the Web Manager to post, update and develop content for the website and the company’s email programmes
Being the organisation that represents commercial TV, the company try to communicate televisually wherever possible. They aim to produce excellent audio-visual content that reflects the quality of the medium and also does a brilliant job of telling powerful TV advertising stories. The company’s films are an important marketing vehicle for the organisation and are shown at their events at Bafta Piccadilly; published via Campaign Magazine; hosted on the website and via their partner The Marketing Society; as well as being used in presentations to thousands each year in the UK and globally.
Another aspect of the role includes some photography, e.g. photographing attendees and speakers at the company events for use on the website and social media channels. The Website part of the job involves publishing and editing content to the company website, which includes copy, imagery, video and presentations via their content management system and supporting the Web Manager with all elements of running the website. Publishing is also required on the social media channels too.
Our client are looking for someone who has a passion for all things TV. They want someone who is hard working, creative, inquisitive, enthusiastic, someone who is service and delivery focused, has high standards, is keen to develop new technical and A/V skills, and happy to turn their hand to anything to do with the website, the content they produce or that helps the broader marketing department with their mission.
The role may suit someone who has worked for a couple of years in an ad agency on in-house production (a ‘shooter/editor’ making pitch films or case studies etc), someone who has worked in a media company on multimedia production or even an ex-film school graduate who wants to make films about the varied and exciting medium of TV and TV advertising. The role calls for the combination of creative audio-visual flair, curiosity, a passion for technologies, and a great attitude. Ideally someone who not only wants to further develop their filming and editing skills but also learn all about advertising, website content management and publishing compelling multimedia material.
- You have some experience of cameras and filming
- You have some video editing know-how (Premiere Pro, Avid, Final Cut Pro, or similar professional non-linear editing software)
- You have a good knowledge of Photoshop, or similar graphics software
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- You have a demonstrable creative aptitude
- You have strong personal & communication skills, being able to articulate thoughts and opinions
- You have good organisational and time management skills Desirable - You have some experience of website Content Management Systems
- You have the ability to write good copy for use on our website and on social media
- You have some understanding of the principles and practice of web design, site structure, information architecture
- You have an understanding of photography / Adobe Lightroom
- You have experience in, familiarity with, or a working understanding of the UK advertising or media market
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Intellectually curious, open minded and keen to understand more. Pride themselves on being well informed. Seeks to understand the wider environment in which TV is operating. Uses that knowledge in a thoughtful and balanced way. Has a clear point of view. Engenders trust and respect for those views. Opinion is sought by people inside and outside Thinkbox. Always has something memorable to say.
Passionate about television both as a viewer and a professional. Derives ideas and inspiration from the medium of television and the world around us. Constantly seeking to learn and develop. Harnesses that passion to inspire others: colleagues and stakeholders of every description. Communicates persuasively and opens minds. Service and Delivery focused. Tirelessly seeks to deliver fantastic support to colleagues and service to all external parties. Removes obstacles to progress and solves problems. Is a team player and considers others needs. Holds themselves personally accountable for delivery of goals. Proactive and suggests initiatives and improvements. Dissatisfied with done-before ideas, unwilling to settle for good enough. Driven to improve, craft and perfect. Seeker of quality. Has high personal standards and is intolerant of mistakes. Friendly, exudes confidence, energises those around them and makes it fun. Commitment to absolute honesty and respect in our dealings with each other, our shareholders and all audiences.
if you feel that you may be suitable for this job, please apply via our website or email your CV to Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Digital Marketing Executive for Fashion Brand
Closing 26 May 2017
- Impact Creative Recruitment
- temp, temp to perm
- £90 to 100 /day
Social Insight Executive
Closing 26 May 2017
- Digital Gurus
- £23,000 to 27,000 p/a
Want more Film and Web Executive - Award winning Broadcaster jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Technical Executive jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Broadcast Assistant jobs, Film Maker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.