Editorial Designer - NET-A-PORTERThis job listing has expired
Since launching in February 2011, MR PORTER has established itself as the premier global online retail destination for men's style.
MR PORTER offers style advice, a weekly online magazine, The Journal, and a print publication, The Post, put together by a team of dedicated Editors and Creatives. Editorial content sits alongside the latest products from the world's leading designers. The site is curated, edited and served by an independent world-class team, benefiting from the global infrastructure of the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
We are now looking for a talented Designer to join the MR PORTER Art team and help deliver various editorial assets for our weekly magazine The Journal through the use of high quality, innovative and eye catching design and thereby improving the customer’s experience at MR PORTER. We need an individual who is highly creative with the ability to take projects from the initial concept stages through to completion.
- To produce innovative, user-focused html solutions that are multifaceted and incorporate all of the elements of a great experience while being within style guidelines
- To create mood boards and put together concepts for photo-shoots
- Sophisticated sense of typography and an understanding of its relevance to a good design both online and offline
- Should be aware of trends and new ideas and should be able to interpret those into fantastic creative
- Meet stringent deadlines while having the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ensure that image jpeg quality is at maximum on all pages designed as well as fonts and type are all readable on a range of web design requirements
- Confident and happy working on HTML emails and promotional emails, this will be a large proportion of the role
- Sourcing images as required
- Development of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes
- Retouching images as required
- Supporting the Art Director
- Any other ad hoc duties within art dept/editorial when needed
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Solid experience of working across a range of web design projects from websites to new media and print.
- Proven Art Direction skills
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to multi-task with solid organizational, time management, and follow through.
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Excellent Photoshop skills
- Proficient knowledge of Illustrator and Indesign
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the editorial quality of the site.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary to meet business needs
- A sense of humour and a passion for the MR PORTER customer and brand
Location: London, W12
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
To Apply: Please apply online with your CV and a supporting cover note explaining why you are suitable and interested in this opportunity.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER, and multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French group's luxury brands.
In 2016, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP joined forces with Symphony, an entity controlled by Mohamed Alabbar’s family, to establish a ground-breaking joint venture to create the Middle East’s undisputed leader for online luxury retail.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.9 million high-spending customers, 29 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2016 net revenues of €1.9 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Senior Integrated Designer
Closing 19 September 2017
- AF Selection
- £35,000 to 40,000 p/a
Mid-weight/Senior Designer - Perfect Day
Closing 20 September 2017
- Perfect Day
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.