Digital Food Editor - BBC
Join BBC Worldwide as our new Digital Food Editor Television Centre
bbcgoodfood.com, the UKs no.1 food website with over 20million monthly users, is looking for a Digital food editor to join the team in West London, on a full time basis.
Reporting into the Deputy Editor, this role will be core to maintaining BBC Good Foods unrivalled reputation for being a trusted resource for all your recipe needs.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate a true passion for and impressive knowledge of food and drink, as well as a firm grasp of digital and SEO best practices.
They will be proficient in analytics, reporting and archive maintenance, and also a highly organised team player with experience in commissioning, optimisation and promotion of content and overseeing a complex workflow.
- Work with digital editors and analyst to identify monthly and reactive digital recipe requirements and influence brand recipe creation.
- Work with SEO agency to identify gaps and opportunities and oversee delivery of new content to deadline, while understanding the importance of producing all content mobile-first.
- Work closely with Good Foods cookery hub to commission new recipe content on a tight turnaround, managing the entire workflow from conception through to delivery.
- Ensure all content in our growing bank of 10k recipes is fully optimised for SEO.
- Prioritise commissions and manage a digital cookery budget. Oversee upload of monthly recipes, manage freelancers and work closely with digital editorial team to hit content quotas.
- Commission cookery videos, guides, tools and infographics to complement core bank of recipes. Track and monitor the success of new content and regularly report figures to the wider team.
- Handle recipe syndication and requests from the wider brand including magazine and books.
- Identify social and marketing opportunities, helping to surface and promote content across social channels and in key placements across bbcgoodfood.com (homepages, promoted slots etc) and maintain calendar of key seasonal dates for wider brand.
- Lead on developing new meal planning functionality using archive of triple-tested, nutritionally-analysed recipes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of food and drink
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise accordingly
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors
- The ability to write copy in line with highest editorial standards
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in and contribute to a fun and dynamic team-based environment
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
- An additional qualification in food preferable
- Must have at least 3 years experience working on a reputable digital platform.
- Experience commisioning, managing and signing off content.
- Food or recipe writing experience preferable.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.
Closing 21 June 2017
- £20,000 to 25,000 p/a
Video Editor for Casual Films
Closing 16 June 2017
- Casual Films
- £30,000 to 39,000 p/a
Want more Digital Food Editor - BBC jobs?
Want to find more Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.