Digital Content Writer for Aesthetica MagazineThis job listing has expired
We are recruiting a full-time Content Writer to work in our York office. You will be working for the art and culture magazine, Aesthetica, as well as all related projects, including the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize and Creative Writing Award.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, writing, editing, uploading and optimising content across Aesthetica’s websites and social media platforms. This involves writing website copy, blogs, conducting Q&As and reporting on must-see shows with the objective of engaging with our readers and increasing our online audience.
- Write and produce digital content that people will want to share, like and engage with.
- Schedule posts across Aesthetica’s social media accounts, including optimizing headlines and thumbnails.
- Identify fresh and interesting angles for your articles.
- Attract and engage with new readers and grow our audience numbers.
- Manage and expand Aesthetica’s presence on social Media platforms.
The ideal candidate
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to produce story copy quickly.
- Ability to tailor the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose - whether they are intended to sell or inform.
- Identify key messages and understand the main thing that you want the reader to feel and do and how to communicate this powerfully.
- Ability to think strategically with regards to web technologies and online business models, including SEO best practices.
- Experience with WordPress, image editing software and expertly manage social media accounts.
- A deep understanding of website analytics and using them to accurately monitor the success of your content and refine when required.
- Excellent organisational skills, pro-active with a positive can-do attitude.
- Have an eagle eye for detail and fact-check as you work.
- Be approachable, friendly and an excellent communicator.
- Great news judgment and knowledge of the national and international art sector.
1. Write an original editorial piece for the Aesthetica website that people will want to share, like and engage with. (Max 400 words).
2. Include any website links to any posts or blogs that you have written.
3. Send us your CV and cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Digital Content Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Journalist jobs, News Editor jobs, News Reporter jobs, Reporter jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.